-   -   Screen goes black after installing latest nvidia driver (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-general-discussion/443985-screen-goes-black-after-installing-latest-nvidia-driver.html)

Ionuț Bîru 10-25-2010 01:51 PM

Screen goes black after installing latest nvidia driver

On 10/25/2010 04:40 PM, Partha Chowdhury wrote:

Today I updated my desktop which installed latest nvidia - version
260.19.12. When I tried startx, screen went black and the led of the
power button of the monitor kept flashing.After I downgraded the nvidia,
everything went allright.

To be absolutely sure that it is not caused by anything in my system, i
installed arch again on to a new partition and installed the packages.
Same results.

I searched the bug tracker but found nothing.Is anybody experiencing
the same thing ?

My system:
Vga:VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G86 [GeForce 8400 GS]
(rev a1)

congrats, you found a bug in nvidia driver. I've saw a lot of users
having this issue on nvidia forum but not a single reply from nvidia devs.

take a look yourself: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14

--
Ionuț

Ionuț Bîru 10-25-2010 08:24 PM

Screen goes black after installing latest nvidia driver