Old 10-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Max Countryman

Default Python 3 Rationale?

That is fine unless the Python development team has decide that python3 will not become python.

Python 2.7.x will be maintained for quite some time. (In excess of four more years.) Even after it is dropped in the future there's no indication that the python3 binary is intended to become the python binary.

The link I posted earlier to the thread on the Python mailing list seems to indicate the opposite.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Matthew Gyurgyik

Please don't top post. http://www.river.com/users/share/etiquette/

Old 10-20-2010, 03:16 PM