Old 10-19-2010, 02:50 AM
"Allan McRae"

Default pacman -Syu ==> NOT included depencies (with reasons): ...

On 19/10/10 12:43, David C. Rankin wrote:

Here is a new one for me

A system update tonight provided the following note:

==> NOT included depencies(with reasons):
- sidplay - we do not have sidplay 2 series in repos; also it's
somehow connected with resid i guess(not in repos also)

this is the first time I've seen this and it looks like pacman got confused
looking for the sidplay 2 series package. What I don't understand is:

"also it's somehow connected with resid i guess(not in repos also)"

What the heck is 'resid' and who is 'i' that is guessing?? (what?)

That is a post_install message as a result of shitty packaging. File a
bug report.

Allan

Old 10-19-2010, 09:18 PM
"David C. Rankin"

On 10/18/2010 09:50 PM, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 19/10/10 12:43, David C. Rankin wrote:
>> Here is a new one for me
>>
>> A system update tonight provided the following note:
>>
>> ==> NOT included depencies(with reasons):
>> - sidplay - we do not have sidplay 2 series in repos; also it's
>> somehow connected with resid i guess(not in repos also)
>>
>> this is the first time I've seen this and it looks like pacman got confused
>> looking for the sidplay 2 series package. What I don't understand is:
>>
>> "also it's somehow connected with resid i guess(not in repos also)"
>>
>> What the heck is 'resid' and who is 'i' that is guessing?? (what?)
>
> That is a post_install message as a result of shitty packaging. File a bug report.
>
> Allan

Done:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/21354

--