-   -   pacman -Syu ==> NOT included depencies (with reasons): ... (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-general-discussion/441474-pacman-syu-not-included-depencies-reasons.html)

"David C. Rankin" 10-19-2010 02:43 AM

pacman -Syu ==> NOT included depencies (with reasons): ...

Here is a new one for me

A system update tonight provided the following note:

==> NOT included depencies(with reasons):
- sidplay - we do not have sidplay 2 series in repos; also it's
somehow connected with resid i guess(not in repos also)

this is the first time I've seen this and it looks like pacman got confused
looking for the sidplay 2 series package. What I don't understand is:

"also it's somehow connected with resid i guess(not in repos also)"

What the heck is 'resid' and who is 'i' that is guessing?? (what?)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC