Old 10-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Fess

Default Udisks, uuid and very stange mount

Have a nice day guys,

If anyone use udisks and mount filesystems with it - please tell me, if there is any way t specify mounting point? Because if fs have no label(eg - ext2) udisks
mounts it to /media/<uuid>. Bad idea. Really bad. Any suggestions, how to make /media/sdb1(example?

Old 10-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Fess

On 18:28 Fri 15 Oct , Fess wrote:
> Have a nice day guys,
>
> If anyone use udisks and mount filesystems with it - please tell me, if there is any way t specify mounting point? Because if fs have no label(eg - ext2) udisks
> mounts it to /media/<uuid>. Bad idea. Really bad. Any suggestions, how to make /media/sdb1(example?
> --

Force alarm, as i can see it's hardcoded. Damn it.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Ionuț Bîru

If anyone use udisks and mount filesystems with it - please tell me, if there is any way t specify mounting point? Because if fs have no label(eg - ext2) udisks
mounts it to /media/<uuid>. Bad idea. Really bad. Any suggestions, how to make /media/sdb1(example?
--

Force alarm, as i can see it's hardcoded. Damn it.

you can set up a label for your filesystem and udisks would use that

--
Ionuț

Old 10-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Fess

On 19:31 Fri 15 Oct , Ionuț Bîru wrote:
> On 10/15/2010 07:22 PM, Fess wrote:
> >On 18:28 Fri 15 Oct , Fess wrote:
> >>Have a nice day guys,
> >>
> >>If anyone use udisks and mount filesystems with it - please tell me, if there is any way t specify mounting point? Because if fs have no label(eg - ext2) udisks
> >>mounts it to /media/<uuid>. Bad idea. Really bad. Any suggestions, how to make /media/sdb1(example?
> >>--
> >
> >Force alarm, as i can see it's hardcoded. Damn it.
>
> you can set up a label for your filesystem and udisks would use that
>
> --
> Ionuț

And for every person, that gives me his flash drive, yeah.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Muhammed Uluyol

What's wrong with using uuids?
If it's really bugging you you could use something like
#!/bin/bash
while true; do
for dev in /media/*; do
sdname=$(blkid -U ${dev##*/}
[[ ! -e /media/$sdname ]] && ln -s "$dev" "/media/$sdname"
done
done

Something that used inotify would work better though.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Muhammed Uluyol

Forgot, you'd probably want a 'sleep 1' or 'sleep 2' in there.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:05 AM
Fess

On 14:33 Fri 15 Oct , Muhammed Uluyol wrote:
> Forgot, you'd probably want a 'sleep 1' or 'sleep 2' in there.

Of course i can use symlinks. But what WHY should i do it >_<
Already written a patch, this evening will send to them.
Hardcoded mount options - it's really bad very bad idea.