Old 10-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Magnus Therning

Default Building packages, and their dependencies

I have a tree of packages, organised similarly to ABS, i.e. directory
names match package name, and in each directory is a PKGBUILD (and
what else is needed). Something like this:

my-packages/
foo/
PKGBUILD
bar/
PKGBUILD
bar.install
baz/
PKGBUILD

Is there some tool that would allow me to move into one of these
directories, build the package including any dependencies? (Basically
an ABS helper that handles dependencies.)

/M

--
Magnus Therning┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus´╝*therning´╝Äorg┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* ┬* Jabber: magnus´╝*therning´╝Äorg

Old 10-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Ray Rashif

On 15 October 2010 18:37, Magnus Therning <magnus@therning.org> wrote:
> I have a tree of packages, organised similarly to ABS, i.e. directory
> names match package name, and in each directory is a PKGBUILD (and
> what else is needed). *Something like this:
>
> my-packages/
> *foo/
> * *PKGBUILD
> *bar/
> * *PKGBUILD
> * *bar.install
> *baz/
> * *PKGBUILD
> *...
>
> Is there some tool that would allow me to move into one of these
> directories, build the package including any dependencies? *(Basically
> an ABS helper that handles dependencies.)

makeworld

Old 10-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Magnus Therning

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 12:06, Ray Rashif <schiv@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 15 October 2010 18:37, Magnus Therning <magnus@therning.org> wrote:
>> I have a tree of packages, organised similarly to ABS, i.e. directory
>> names match package name, and in each directory is a PKGBUILD (and
>> what else is needed). ┬*Something like this:
>>
>> my-packages/
>> ┬*foo/
>> ┬* ┬*PKGBUILD
>> ┬*bar/
>> ┬* ┬*PKGBUILD
>> ┬* ┬*bar.install
>> ┬*baz/
>> ┬* ┬*PKGBUILD
>> ┬*...
>>
>> Is there some tool that would allow me to move into one of these
>> directories, build the package including any dependencies? ┬*(Basically
>> an ABS helper that handles dependencies.)
>
> makeworld

Excellent, but is it possible to pass it a specific package that I
want to build, and only build its dependencies?

/M

Old 10-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Ng Oon-Ee

On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 14:24 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 12:06, Ray Rashif <schiv@archlinux.org> wrote:
> > On 15 October 2010 18:37, Magnus Therning <magnus@therning.org> wrote:
> >> I have a tree of packages, organised similarly to ABS, i.e. directory
> >> names match package name, and in each directory is a PKGBUILD (and
> >> what else is needed). Something like this:
> >>
> >> my-packages/
> >> foo/
> >> PKGBUILD
> >> bar/
> >> PKGBUILD
> >> bar.install
> >> baz/
> >> PKGBUILD
> >>
> >> Is there some tool that would allow me to move into one of these
> >> directories, build the package including any dependencies? (Basically
> >> an ABS helper that handles dependencies.)
> >
> > makeworld
>
> Excellent, but is it possible to pass it a specific package that I
> want to build, and only build its dependencies?
>
> /M

Try bauerbill out. It can be set to 'build all from abs'. Not sure about
including the dependencies though, but a bit of sed-magic may help
there.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Ray Rashif

2010/10/16 Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee@gmail.com>:
> On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 14:24 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:

>> > makeworld
>>
>> Excellent, but is it possible to pass it a specific package that I
>> want to build, and only build its dependencies?
>>
>> /M
>>
> Try bauerbill out. It can be set to 'build all from abs'. Not sure about
> including the dependencies though, but a bit of sed-magic may help
> there.

Oh right, sorry, then makeworld is not the right tool. It builds what
is passed to it in an ABS-like hierarchy - it does not know about
dependencies. Looks like I misread the subject.

Anyway, Bauerbill looks like it can do that. Take a look at the examples:

http://www.xyne.archlinux.ca/projects/bauerbill/#quick-feature-overview

Old 10-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Magnus Therning

On 15/10/10 21:33, Ray Rashif wrote:
> 2010/10/16 Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee@gmail.com>:

>>> Excellent, but is it possible to pass it a specific package that I
>>> want to build, and only build its dependencies?
>>>
>>> /M
>>>
>> Try bauerbill out. It can be set to 'build all from abs'. Not sure about
>> including the dependencies though, but a bit of sed-magic may help
>> there.
>
> Oh right, sorry, then makeworld is not the right tool. It builds what
> is passed to it in an ABS-like hierarchy - it does not know about
> dependencies. Looks like I misread the subject.
>
> Anyway, Bauerbill looks like it can do that. Take a look at the examples:
>
> http://www.xyne.archlinux.ca/projects/bauerbill/#quick-feature-overview

Ah yes, that looks like it'd fit. Just one more question, I've never
heard of
a $repo.abs.tar.gz, how do I build one?

/M