Old 10-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Andreas Radke

Default Warning: MESA 7.9 going to testing

Am Sat, 9 Oct 2010 09:55:43 +0200
schrieb Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de>:

> I'm working on the new MESA release today. Please don't -Syu until all
> 3D drivers have been rebuild properly. If you have trouble with your
> card catch me in out IRC channels.
>
> -Andy

So far no ddx driver rebuild seems required.

I'm running the new MESA on my Ati X200m(R300) notebook with the new
gallium driver. It renders well (was broken since KMS+classic mesa
useage) but very slowly. Maybe we can imrove this.

My desktop is running Nouveau and Supertuxkart is fast and really
usable now. A big step forward.

Please test the all driver. Usually even a minor libdrm bump breaks the
drivers. Give feedback.

-Andy

Old 10-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Daniel Isenmann

On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 09:55:43 +0200
Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:

> I'm working on the new MESA release today. Please don't -Syu until all
> 3D drivers have been rebuild properly. If you have trouble with your
> card catch me in out IRC channels.
>
> -Andy

I discoverd today that fusion-icon won't run with the new update,
because of the missing glxinfo. This program is now located under
"mesa-demos". fusion-icon complains about the missing glxinfo and won't
start, so install "mesa-demos" manually at the moment.

@fusion-icon maintainer:
Should be added as a depend to the package or at least a note should be
posted to that.

-Daniel

Old 10-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Ronald van Haren

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 8:20 PM, Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 09:55:43 +0200
> Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
>
>> I'm working on the new MESA release today. Please don't -Syu until all
>> 3D drivers have been rebuild properly. If you have trouble with your
>> card catch me in out IRC channels.
>>
>> -Andy
>
> I discoverd today that fusion-icon won't run with the new update,
> because of the missing glxinfo. This program is now located under
> "mesa-demos". fusion-icon complains about the missing glxinfo and won't
> start, so install "mesa-demos" manually at the moment.
>
> @fusion-icon maintainer:
> Should be added as a depend to the package or at least a note should be
> posted to that.
>
> *-Daniel

please file a bug report next time so it does not get lost.

On a related note, it can't be fixed before the python2 move as
otherwise this fix will move to community before mesa moves to extra
with the python2 move.

Ronald

Old 10-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Ronald van Haren

Old 10-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Dan McGee

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 21:01:24 +0200
> Ronald van Haren <pressh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 8:20 PM, Daniel Isenmann
>> <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:

>> > I discoverd today that fusion-icon won't run with the new update,
>> > because of the missing glxinfo. This program is now located under
>> > "mesa-demos". fusion-icon complains about the missing glxinfo and
>> > won't start, so install "mesa-demos" manually at the moment.
>> >
>> > @fusion-icon maintainer:
>> > Should be added as a depend to the package or at least a note
>> > should be posted to that.
>> >
>> > *-Daniel
>> >

>> please file a bug report next time so it does not get lost.
>>
>> On a related note, it can't be fixed before the python2 move as
>> otherwise this fix will move to community before mesa moves to extra
>> with the python2 move.
>>
>> Ronald
>
> Next time I will file a bug report. That it must wait for the python2
> move that's no problem.
> The main reason for posting this mail was that it was not mentioned
> that glxinfo was separated into an extra package. The notice for you
> was just a side note.

Honestly, can this decision to split the package be explained a bit
more? I feel like we've gone a little overboard on doing some of these
splits. Saving 405K from a package (installed, while only 80K on the
download!) seems silly for the number of "where did my glx* tools go"
and "I installed mesa but don't have glx*" questions that are going to
arise now, especially from long-time Arch users.

-Dan