Old 10-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Cédric Girard

Default Benchmarks (GUI)

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 1:50 PM, Jeff Cook <jeff@deserettechnology.com>wrote:

> 2010/10/11 Cédric Girard <girard.cedric@gmail.com>:
> > On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Jeff Cook <jeff@deserettechnology.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> I usually just run gtkperf. I haven't tried PTS yet but it's hard for
> >> me to trust anything that comes out of Phoronix.
> >>

> > Please explain ?
>
> Phoronix is just really unprofessional and unreliable as a media
> outlet. They constantly post information that is first of all,
> absolutely atrociously, sometimes incomprehensibly written, and
> secondly often inaccurate and misrepresentative. They also use amateur
> reporting practices and lack standards, as we see with their Steam
> reporting and sending lots of traffic to Valve FTP servers not
> intended for public usage (for one example).
>
> Obviously this does not necessarily reflect directly on their
> software, but I think it's wise to take anything from Phoronix with a
> grain of salt.
>
> From
> Jeff
>

> > --
> > Cédric Girard

Thanks for the clarification.

--
Cédric Girard

Old 10-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Manne Merak

wrote:

[...]

I have no opinion towards them, but just want to add that the their test
suite mostly just run other tests (as x11perf or gtkperf) and report the
results in a structured way. So I do not think they have actually
written any benchmarks (I think?)

On gtkperf, anything similar for Qt?

Manne