-   -   update to kde 4.5.2 - no sound - tries to remove my devices?? (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-general-discussion/436633-update-kde-4-5-2-no-sound-tries-remove-my-devices.html)

"David C. Rankin" 10-07-2010 03:05 AM

update to kde 4.5.2 - no sound - tries to remove my devices??

Guys,

I updated to 4.5.2 today and on start, kde4 asked to remove all my sound
devices. So I chose - 'manage devices'. All of my sound devices are grayed out
and the 'default' doesn't work. (screenshot of devices dialog here):

[81k]
http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/Archlinux/bugs/kde4-nosound.png

The sound is "HDA Nvidia (ALC888 Analog)" and the same for digital and HDMI. I
looked through dmesg to see if there was anything glaring, but there wasn't.
(dmesg output here):

[44k]
http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/Archlinux/bugs/dmesg-20101006.txt

Has anyone else seen this with the new kde4? If so any ideas how best to
troubleshoot? Thanks for any help you can provide.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC