Old 10-05-2010, 08:55 PM
"Christian"

Default Creation of startup scripts

Hi all,
I am learning more and more about Linux, but I would like to learn how to create startup scripts for my programs, any good resource? Where should I start?
Many thanks,
Christian

Old 10-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Ryan Williams

If you mean bash scripting, this is a good beginner's guide:
http://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide

Otherwise you will have to provide some more information on exactly what you
want to do.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Johannes Held

"Christian" <christian08@runbox.com>:
> Hi all,
> I am learning more and more about Linux, but I would like to learn how to
> create startup scripts for my programs, any good resource? Where should I
> start? Many thanks, Christian

Take some initscript from /etc/rc.d, copy and adjust it to your needs.

--
Gruß, Johannes
http://hehejo.de

Old 10-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Dan McGee

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Christian <christian08@runbox.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am learning more and more about Linux, but I would like to learn how to create startup scripts for my programs, any good resource? Where should I start?
> Many thanks,
> Christian

Startup scripts are pretty specific to each distro.
* http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Writing_rc.d_scripts
* http://www.justinbritten.com/work/2009/05/god-initd-script-for-centos/

-Dan