Old 09-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Matthew Gyurgyik

Default Repo Structure - Pool Dir

Hello.

Currently I see that there are some packages in
/archlinux/extra/os/i686/ and some symlinks to ../../../pool/packages/.

I was hoping a dev would be able to answer the following the questions?

Eventually, will all packages (from core/extra/community) end up in pool?
Repos like multilib, gnome-unstable, kde-unstable will not end up, right?

Thanks,
~pyther

Old 09-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Ionuț Bîru

Currently I see that there are some packages in
/archlinux/extra/os/i686/ and some symlinks to ../../../pool/packages/.

I was hoping a dev would be able to answer the following the questions?

Eventually, will all packages (from core/extra/community) end up in pool?
Repos like multilib, gnome-unstable, kde-unstable will not end up, right?

Thanks,
~pyther

this is the new layout.

all new packages are copied in pool directory to avoid synchronizing
again the mirrors once they are moved from a repo to another.
this way, when packages are moved, mirrors have to synchronize only the
new symlinks location

pool/packages contain packages for
core/extra/testing/gnome-unstable/kde-unstable/staging and
pool/community the other repos available

--
Ionuț