Old 09-15-2010, 03:28 PM
Magnus Therning

Default Getting back the simple volume indicator?

2010/9/15 Cédric Girard <girard.cedric@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Magnus Therning <magnus@therning.org>wrote:
>
>> I have two arch systems I use regularly. *On my home system, most
>> recently installed, I have a rather simple and stylish volume
>> indicator. *On my other system I have an uglier, rather gaudy
>> indicator (screenshot attached). *I've completely forgotten what I
>> did, so I don't know how to get the simple one back again. *Anyone out
>> there who knows?
>
> You may have forgotten the screenshot...

Nope, I forgot that the list filters attachments :-)

Find it here: http://therning.org/magnus_files/gaudy_volume.png

/M

--
Magnus Therning* * * * * * * * * * * * (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus*therning.org* * * * * Jabber: magnus*therning.org

Old 09-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Ionuț Bîru

I have two arch systems I use regularly. On my home system, most
recently installed, I have a rather simple and stylish volume
indicator. On my other system I have an uglier, rather gaudy
indicator (screenshot attached). I've completely forgotten what I
did, so I don't know how to get the simple one back again. Anyone out
there who knows?

You may have forgotten the screenshot...

Nope, I forgot that the list filters attachments :-)

Find it here: http://therning.org/magnus_files/gaudy_volume.png

/M

that indicator is used only when a composite manager is running and the
icon is from the theme that you are using

--
Ionuț

Old 09-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Magnus Therning

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 16:40, Ionuț Bîru <ibiru@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 09/15/2010 06:28 PM, Magnus Therning wrote:
>> 2010/9/15 Cédric Girard<girard.cedric@gmail.com>:

>>> You may have forgotten the screenshot...
>>
>> Nope, I forgot that the list filters attachments :-)
>>
>> Find it here: http://therning.org/magnus_files/gaudy_volume.png
>>

> that indicator is used only when a composite manager is running and the icon
> is from the theme that you are using

Yes, indeed, removing xcompmgr, logging out and then in again took
care of it. Thanks!

/M