Old 07-12-2010, 02:35 AM
"David C. Rankin"

Default chroot failed to run command `/bin/bash`: Exec format error ??

Guys,

Booting from the dual install media, attempting to chroot again and I got an
error I've never seen before:

"chroot failed to run command `/bin/bash`: Exec format error"

I checked with mount and all partitions and dev proc and sys where all mounted
where they should be, but the box wouldn't chroot to my mount point under /mnt/a.

Anybody recognize the error or what the cause could be? Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC

Old 07-12-2010, 03:09 AM
"Allan McRae"

Booting from the dual install media, attempting to chroot again and I
got an error I've never seen before:

"chroot failed to run command `/bin/bash`: Exec format error"

I checked with mount and all partitions and dev proc and sys where all
mounted where they should be, but the box wouldn't chroot to my mount
point under /mnt/a.

Anybody recognize the error or what the cause could be? Thanks.

That occurs when trying to chroot into an x86_64 system from an i686 one.