Old 07-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Emmanuel Benisty

Default System update on all Arch Servers

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 6:52 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I -Syu'd and rebooted all our servers, let me know if there are any
> problems.

no idea if it's related or if I missed something but abs'ing yesterday
was fine, today I get:

[root@blackout ~]# abs
==> Starting ABS sync...
Unexpected remote arg: rsync.archlinux.org::abs/i686/
rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at main.c(1204) [sender=3.0.7]

Old 07-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Mauro Santos

On 07/11/2010 05:01 PM, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 22:48:45 +0700
> Emmanuel Benisty <benisty.e@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 6:52 PM, Thomas Bächler
>> <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I -Syu'd and rebooted all our servers, let me know if there are any
>>> problems.
>>>

>> no idea if it's related or if I missed something but abs'ing yesterday
>> was fine, today I get:
>>
>> [root@blackout ~]# abs
>> ==> Starting ABS sync...
>> Unexpected remote arg: rsync.archlinux.org::abs/i686/
>> rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at main.c(1204)
>> [sender=3.0.7]
>

> abs works fine for me.
> this looks like a problem with your rsync program.
> my system hasn't been updated for a while btw.
>
> $ pacman -Qi rsync abs | egrep 'Name|Version'
> Name : rsync
> Version : 3.0.7-1
> Name : abs
> Version : 2.3.4.1-1
>

> Dieter

Works fine for me too, just tried to update the abs tree with an
up-to-date system and it worked fine.

--
Mauro Santos

Old 07-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Emmanuel Benisty

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 11:01 PM, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter@plaetinck.be> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 22:48:45 +0700
> Emmanuel Benisty <benisty.e@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 6:52 PM, Thomas Bächler
>> <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I -Syu'd and rebooted all our servers, let me know if there are any
>> > problems.
>> >

>> no idea if it's related or if I missed something but abs'ing yesterday
>> was fine, today I get:
>>
>> [root@blackout ~]# abs
>> ==> Starting ABS sync...
>> Unexpected remote arg: rsync.archlinux.org::abs/i686/
>> rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at main.c(1204)
>> [sender=3.0.7]
>

> abs works fine for me.
> this looks like a problem with your rsync program.
> my system hasn't been updated for a while btw.
>
> $ pacman -Qi rsync abs | egrep 'Name|Version'
> Name * * * * * : rsync
> Version * * * *: 3.0.7-1
> Name * * * * * : abs
> Version * * * *: 2.3.4.1-1
>

> Dieter

hmm yeah, sorry for the noise. abs works fine with sudo but doesn't
with root. no idea why, have to look at this...