Old 07-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Dieter Plaetinck

Default Make umounting filesystems much more paranoid.

fwiw in AIF I do something similar (see
http://github.com/Dieterbe/aif/blob/master/src/core/libs/lib-blockdevices-filesystems.sh#L457)
(but there i use a text file containing all mountpoints)

The interesting thing is, to find the order in which you should mount
or (or umount) blockdevices can be found by doing a normal alpabetical
(reverse) sorting of the mountpoints, so i just use the sort tool.

Dieter

Old 07-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Dieter Plaetinck

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 12:20:39 -0500
Victor Lowther <victor.lowther@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 11, 2010, at 10:34 AM, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter@plaetinck.be>
> wrote:
>
> > fwiw in AIF I do something similar (see
> > http://github.com/Dieterbe/aif/blob/master/src/core/libs/lib-blockdevices-filesystems.sh#L457
> > )
> > (but there i use a text file containing all mountpoints)
> >
> > The interesting thing is, to find the order in which you should
> > mount or (or umount) blockdevices can be found by doing a normal
> > alpabetical (reverse) sorting of the mountpoints, so i just use the
> > sort tool.
>
> How so? Filesystems are not mounted in any particular order,
> and /proc/ self/mounts lists the filesystems in the order they were
> mounted. Using the sort command would screw up the mount ordering,
> which means I would have to do more passes to properly umount things.

ah, nevermind.
with aif, the user specifies no specific order, so i mount all
filesystems in the order that makes most sense (ie, first /home,
then /home/someuser, then /home/someuser/blah).

in your case, you want to use the "real order", even if it may seem
weird.

Dieter