Old 07-07-2010, 03:33 AM
"PT M."

Default mercurial in Extra out of date

It's been a week since mercurial 1.6 released, extra/mercurial 1.5.4-1 is
still in the repository.

--
Arch Linuxer, Pythoner, Geek
--> Blog: http://apt-blog.net

Old 07-07-2010, 03:36 AM
Dan McGee

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 10:33 PM, PT M. <pentie@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's been a week since mercurial 1.6 released, *extra/mercurial 1.5.4-1 is
> still in the repository.

OMG! Raise the alarm!!!

You do realize none of us are full-time around here, right? The
maintainer will get to it when he can. Until then, learn to use ABS.

-Dan

Old 07-07-2010, 03:43 AM
"PT M."

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 10:33 PM, PT M. <pentie@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's been a week since mercurial 1.6 released, extra/mercurial 1.5.4-1
> is
> > still in the repository.
>
> OMG! Raise the alarm!!!
>
> You do realize none of us are full-time around here, right? The
> maintainer will get to it when he can. Until then, learn to use ABS.
>
> calm down calm down ...

if I sent this to the wrong place, sorry, i just wanted the maintainer got
noticed, maybe i shoud sent to him directly?

I do know abs, and thanks.

--
Arch Linuxer, Pythoner, Geek
--> Blog: http://apt-blog.net

Old 07-07-2010, 03:53 AM
Caleb Cushing

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:43 PM, PT M. <pentie@gmail.com> wrote:
> if I sent this to the wrong place, sorry, i just wanted the maintainer got
> noticed, maybe i shoud sent to him directly?

http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/i686/mercurial/

there'd be a flag out of date link where the flagged out of date is...
http://www.archlinux.org/ < you can use the package search to find the
package you're looking for and make sure it's been flagged out of
date.

--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com

Old 07-07-2010, 03:53 AM
Thomas Dziedzic

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 10:43 PM, PT M. <pentie@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 10:33 PM, PT M. <pentie@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > It's been a week since mercurial 1.6 released, *extra/mercurial 1.5.4-1
>> is
>> > still in the repository.
>>
>> OMG! Raise the alarm!!!
>>
>> You do realize none of us are full-time around here, right? The
>> maintainer will get to it when he can. Until then, learn to use ABS.
>>
>> calm down calm down ...
>
> if I sent this to the wrong place, sorry, i just wanted the maintainer got
> noticed, maybe i shoud sent to him directly?
>
> I do know abs, and thanks.
>

>> -Dan

Mercurial has already been flagged out of date:
http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/i686/mercurial/

You could also send a working pkgbuild to hopefully speed this up :P

Old 07-07-2010, 03:59 AM
"Allan McRae"

On 07/07/10 13:43, PT M. wrote:

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Dan McGee<dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 10:33 PM, PT M.<pentie@gmail.com> wrote:

It's been a week since mercurial 1.6 released, extra/mercurial 1.5.4-1

is

still in the repository.

OMG! Raise the alarm!!!

You do realize none of us are full-time around here, right? The
maintainer will get to it when he can. Until then, learn to use ABS.

calm down calm down ...

if I sent this to the wrong place, sorry, i just wanted the maintainer got
noticed, maybe i shoud sent to him directly?

No. It has been flagged out-of-date on the web interface so the
maintainer already knows about it.

Allan

Old 07-07-2010, 03:59 AM
Caleb Cushing

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:53 PM, Thomas Dziedzic <gostrc@gmail.com> wrote:
> You could also send a working pkgbuild to hopefully speed this up :P

speculatively (unless you know something I don't) the pkgbuild only
needs changes in pkgver and the md5sums. sending a patch for that is,
IMO a waste of everyone's time.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:21 AM
"PT M."

Thanks, all

Im not realized untill now that not only those packages in AUR could be
flaged or commented, but any in the repository.

--
Arch Linuxer, Pythoner, Geek
--> Blog: http://apt-blog.net