Old 07-04-2010, 01:22 PM
b1

Default hid2hci tool missing

Hello altogether

I am trying to get the bluetooth adapter of my dell latitude latpop to
work. In many tutorials I have read of the tool hid2hci. Unfortunatelly
this doesn't seem to be on my system and I can't find it elsewhere.

I have bluez and bluez-utils installed.

Any ideas which package might contain hid2hci?

Thanks

Benedikt

Old 07-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Tavian Barnes

On 4 July 2010 07:22, b1 <forum@b1online.de> wrote:
> Hello altogether
>
> I am trying to get the bluetooth adapter of my dell latitude latpop to
> work. In many tutorials I have read of the tool hid2hci. Unfortunatelly
> this doesn't seem to be on my system and I can't find it elsewhere.
>
> I have bluez and bluez-utils installed.
>
> Any ideas which package might contain hid2hci?

# pacman -S pkgtools
$ pkgfile hid2hci
core/udev
$ pacman -Ql udev | grep hid2hci
/lib/udev/hid2hci

So it's in the udev package, which you probably already have
installed, just under a weird path.

--
Tavian Barnes

Old 07-06-2010, 07:36 PM
b1

On Sun, 2010-07-04 at 09:35 -0600, Tavian Barnes wrote:
> On 4 July 2010 07:22, b1 <forum@b1online.de> wrote:
> > Hello altogether
> >
> > I am trying to get the bluetooth adapter of my dell latitude latpop to
> > work. In many tutorials I have read of the tool hid2hci. Unfortunatelly
> > this doesn't seem to be on my system and I can't find it elsewhere.
> >
> > I have bluez and bluez-utils installed.
> >
> > Any ideas which package might contain hid2hci?
>
> # pacman -S pkgtools
> $ pkgfile hid2hci
> core/udev
> $ pacman -Ql udev | grep hid2hci
> /lib/udev/hid2hci
>
> So it's in the udev package, which you probably already have
> installed, just under a weird path.

Hey, thank you very much for your answer! This was what I was searching
for. Thanks alot.

Sorry for my late reply, but I was busy recently.

Thanks for helping me.

Benedikt