Old 06-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Thomas Bächler

Default Rewrite /etc/crypttab processing.

Am 30.06.2010 23:47, schrieb Victor Lowther:
> Split out reading /etc/crypttab and procssing the individual lines into
> their own helper functions, and bashify the resulting shorter code.
>
> Processing this file is still ugly, though.

I wanted to factor this out and deprecate crypttab for a long time. This
is a good first step.

However, there are still things in this commit that do not belong there,
again. While your work here is appreciated, and I am looking forward to
applying most (all?) of it, you will probably have to re-do many of the
commit due to these errors.

I'll stop reviewing now and continue with 33-48 tomorrow.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Victor Lowther

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 00:16 +0200, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 30.06.2010 23:47, schrieb Victor Lowther:
> > Split out reading /etc/crypttab and procssing the individual lines into
> > their own helper functions, and bashify the resulting shorter code.
> >
> > Processing this file is still ugly, though.
>
> I wanted to factor this out and deprecate crypttab for a long time. This
> is a good first step.

Danke.

> However, there are still things in this commit that do not belong there,
> again. While your work here is appreciated, and I am looking forward to
> applying most (all?) of it, you will probably have to re-do many of the
> commit due to these errors.

No problem, I got a little crazier with the ol' git rebase than I should
have.

> I'll stop reviewing now and continue with 33-48 tomorrow.

I look forward to it.

--
Victor Lowther
LPIC2 UCP RHCE