Old 06-30-2010, 05:40 PM
Lou Garou

Default perl-xml-parser vs. perlxml: dependency probs

Colby W. wrote:

>> You're not the only one.
>>
>> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/20029

Apparently the perl-xml-parser-2.36.5 (now in
[testing]) will fix this.

Should I force installation of the testing package,
though? When I try, I'm getting "... exists in
filesystem" warnings. I generally assume that I
shouldn't dabble in [testing] if I'm not going to jump
in with both feet and update everything from testing.

Old 06-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On Wednesday 30 June 2010 19:40:29 Lou Garou wrote:
> Apparently the perl-xml-parser-2.36.5 (now in
> [testing]) will fix this.
perl-xml-parser-2.36-5 is perl-xml-parser-2.36-4 built using perl 5.12. Does
not fix provides() array.

I am fixing this...wait for -6 in [extra] and -7 in [testing]

--
Andrea Scarpino - andreascarpino.it
KDE Maintainer in Arch Linux

Old 06-30-2010, 05:49 PM
Lou Garou

Andrea Scarpino wrote:

> I am fixing this...wait for -6 in [extra] and -7 in
[testing]

Thank you, Andrea. I knew somebody was on the case. Sorry
if I sounded impatient, especially for something that
wasn't a show-stopper. I just get all anxious if I can
run pacman -Syu (which I do far too often).

Old 06-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On Wednesday 30 June 2010 19:49:53 Lou Garou wrote:
> Thank you, Andrea. I knew somebody was on the case. Sorry
> if I sounded impatient, especially for something that
> wasn't a show-stopper. I just get all anxious if I can
> run pacman -Syu (which I do far too often).
No problem, I was waiting for a fix by Francois, but this issue was becoming
confusing.
All should be fixed now.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Lou Garou

Andrea Scarpino wrote:

> No problem, I was waiting for a fix by Francois, but
this issue was
> becoming confusing.
> All should be fixed now.

Yep, you're right. perl-xml-parser-2.36.6 just entered
[extra]. I installed it and everything is hunky-dorey
again.

Thanks!