Old 06-29-2010, 03:51 AM
Nilesh Govindarajan

Default Bash Tcp

Hi,

After writing my skypechecker bash daemon which restarts skype if it
crashes while pidgin is running or closes skype if pidgin crashes, I
want to play with bash more, but this time using TCP connections

But it seems /dev/tcp is not enabled on bash ???
How do I enable that ?

Nilesh Govindarajan
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nilesh.gr
Twitter: http://twitter.com/nileshgr
Website: http://www.itech7.com
Cheap and Reliable VPS Hosting: http://j.mp/arHk5e

Old 06-29-2010, 03:57 AM
Nilesh Govindarajan

After writing my skypechecker bash daemon which restarts skype if it
crashes while pidgin is running or closes skype if pidgin crashes, I
want to play with bash more, but this time using TCP connections
But it seems /dev/tcp is not enabled on bash ???
How do I enable that ?

Ah leave it guys, I found that it has to be recompiled. :-)

Old 06-29-2010, 05:34 AM
Nilesh Govindarajan

After writing my skypechecker bash daemon which restarts skype if it
crashes while pidgin is running or closes skype if pidgin crashes, I
want to play with bash more, but this time using TCP connections
But it seems /dev/tcp is not enabled on bash ???
How do I enable that ?

Ah leave it guys, I found that it has to be recompiled. :-)

Duh its already there in Arch
I was using it in such a way that it would never work lol.