Old 06-26-2010, 07:28 AM
Lauri Niskanen

Default VLC and Wine have been out-of-date too long.

Hello,

usually Arch Linux have had very quick updates to packages when the
upstream bumbed a version. However, I am slightly annoyed by the fact
that VLC [1] and Wine [2] have been out-of-date for a long time.

VLC 1.1.0 was released about a week ago and Wine 1.2-rc1 was released on
2010-05-21. Now there is Wine 1.2-rc5.

I should also note that regardless of the Wine being a release candidate
it is as stable release as 1.1.x-versions including the currently
packaged 1.1.44. The officially "stable" version is 1.0.1, but 1.1.x and
1.2rc are considered very stable, yet they are officially both
"development version". I agree with the one who packaged 1.1.x in Arch,
it is stable enough for Arch and 1.0.1 is just too out date.

Please update vlc to 1.1.0 and Wine to 1.2-rc5.

[1] http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/i686/vlc/
[2] http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/i686/wine/

--
Ape <Lauri Niskanen>

Old 06-26-2010, 07:36 AM
Lauri Niskanen

[...]

I am sorry for this duplicate. I got the following message, so I tried
to resend this.

"Sorry. Your message could not be delivered to:

Joey Kingery (Mailbox has been deleted. Try re-entering the address.)"

Please just ignore this thread and reply to the first one.

--
Ape <Lauri Niskanen>

Old 06-26-2010, 07:40 AM
Caleb Cushing

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 3:28 AM, Lauri Niskanen <ape@ape3000.com> wrote:
> VLC 1.1.0 was released about a week ago and Wine 1.2-rc1 was released on
> 2010-05-21. Now there is Wine 1.2-rc5.

let's please NOT take a policy of releasing 'release candidates' as
stable to our users, RC's belong on AUR. also a week? that's it? get
some patience, you want to complain... perl 5.12 is going on 6 months
fast (and yes I am continuing to complain about that).

--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com

Old 06-26-2010, 07:43 AM