Old 06-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Damien Churchill

Default vala pkgbuild

Since vala 0.9.2 is now out I figured I'd update the PKGBUILD for it,
just a simple version bump and sha256sum update.

http://pastie.org/1014264

Old 06-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Ionuț Bîru

On 06/22/2010 12:46 AM, Damien Churchill wrote:

Since vala 0.9.2 is now out I figured I'd update the PKGBUILD for it,
just a simple version bump and sha256sum update.

http://pastie.org/1014264

is not like is hard to update the build, is more like it doesn't fit in
our principle to bump to a development version.

0.8.1 is the stable branch
0.9.x is the development branch.

You will never see a package from gnome development branch ever in our
repos

So please, don't flag vala again, pretty please

--
Ionuț

Old 06-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Damien Churchill

On 21 June 2010 22:49, Ionuț Bîru <biru.ionut@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/22/2010 12:46 AM, Damien Churchill wrote:
>>
>> Since vala 0.9.2 is now out I figured I'd update the PKGBUILD for it,
>> just a simple version bump and sha256sum update.
>>
>> http://pastie.org/1014264
>
> is not like is hard to update the build, is more like it doesn't fit in our
> principle to bump to a development version.
>
> 0.8.1 is the stable branch
> 0.9.x is the development branch.
>
> You will never see a package from gnome development branch ever in our repos
>

> So please, don't flag vala again, pretty please

I hadn't flagged it, just saw it was out of date and thought I'd try
and help, apologies for not doing more investigation first!

Old 06-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Ionuț Bîru

Since vala 0.9.2 is now out I figured I'd update the PKGBUILD for it,
just a simple version bump and sha256sum update.

http://pastie.org/1014264

is not like is hard to update the build, is more like it doesn't fit in our
principle to bump to a development version.

0.8.1 is the stable branch
0.9.x is the development branch.

You will never see a package from gnome development branch ever in our repos

So please, don't flag vala again, pretty please

I hadn't flagged it, just saw it was out of date and thought I'd try
and help, apologies for not doing more investigation first!

i don't intend to unflag it anymore. i did that for at least 10 times
already

If you are interested about vala, you can upload it aur as vala-devel

--
Ionuț

Old 06-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Damien Churchill

On 21 June 2010 22:58, Ionuț Bîru <biru.ionut@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are interested about vala, you can upload it aur as vala-devel

I may do that so gnome-dvb-daemon can be updated. Although the only
reason I wanted to give the new version of that a try (built both vala
and gnome-dvb-daemon locally) was to see if it would finally start
working with my dvb card but no such luck!