Old 06-19-2010, 04:51 AM
"David C. Rankin"

Default gnome only install - installing compiz pulls in kde4-runtime?? Why?

Guys,

First install with the 2010-5 dual net install on an i686 box. Kudos, install
was painless. Only issue was I had my pkg/ dir on a usb stick and I couldn't get
the installer to use it for install. I mounted it where it was supposed to be
mounted according to the installer (don't remember exactly /src/core/pkg or the
like). It couldn't find the core.blah package...

This is the first install where I haven't install kde/kdm. For this install, I
only installed gnome/gdm. I don't want kde4 within 10 feet of this box. I do
want compiz installed. When I installed compiz, it pulled in kde4 runtime, the
compiz-decorator-kde, kdelibs, etc..

Why? Can't I just have a gnome box with compiz? Can I uninstall the kde4 mess?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC

Old 06-19-2010, 05:09 AM