-   -   How do I get my Canon MP630 working under Arch? (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-general-discussion/387591-how-do-i-get-my-canon-mp630-working-under-arch.html)

Jordan Windsor 06-18-2010 10:22 AM

How do I get my Canon MP630 working under Arch?

I would like to get my Canon MP630 (all in one) printer working under
Arch, I only need the printing abilities though.
I have installed the following packages and read the Arch wiki CUPS
article along with many other websites:
cnijfilter-common 3.00-3
hal-cups-utils
cups-canon
cups
libcups

I've tried adding the printer with the following URI's:
cnijusb:/dev/usb/lp2
hal:///org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_4a9_172e_30AFBE_if1_printer_noserial

I've been unable to get it to print a test page.

Thanks!

Gmail 06-18-2010 10:29 AM

Jordan Windsor kirjoitti perjantai, 18. kesäkuuta 2010 13:22:00:
> I would like to get my Canon MP630 (all in one) printer working under
> Arch, I only need the printing abilities though.
> I have installed the following packages and read the Arch wiki CUPS
> article along with many other websites:
> cnijfilter-common 3.00-3
> hal-cups-utils
> cups-canon
> cups
> libcups
>
> I've tried adding the printer with the following URI's:
> cnijusb:/dev/usb/lp2
> hal:///org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_4a9_172e_30AFBE_if1_printer_n
> oserial
>
> I've been unable to get it to print a test page.
>
> Thanks!

I had problems whit a cannoc printer too, check if you have 2 devices listed
in cups, as for me the other one didn't work but the pother did. Sorry its
been while sinse i intsleed it so I can't remeber propely

Jordan Windsor 06-18-2010 11:57 AM

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 7:59 PM, Gmail <jesse.jaara@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jordan Windsor kirjoitti perjantai, 18. kesäkuuta 2010 13:22:00:
>> I would like to get my Canon MP630 (all in one) printer working under
>> Arch, I only need the printing abilities though.
>> I have installed the following packages and read the Arch wiki CUPS
>> article along with many other websites:
>> cnijfilter-common 3.00-3
>> hal-cups-utils
>> cups-canon
>> cups
>> libcups
>>
>> I've tried adding the printer with the following URI's:
>> cnijusb:/dev/usb/lp2
>> hal:///org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_4a9_172e_30AFBE_if1_printer_n
>> oserial
>>
>> I've been unable to get it to print a test page.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> I had problems whit a cannoc printer too, check if you have 2 devices listed
> in cups, as for me the other one didn't work but the pother did. Sorry its
> been while sinse i intsleed it so I can't remeber propely

When I use "hal:///org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_4a9_172e_30AFBE_if1_printer_noserial"
as the URI with this PPD file "Canon MP630 series Ver.3.00" It wont
print anything (including test prints) it automatically completes any
jobs I give it, when I give it the URI of "cnijusb:/dev/usb/lp2" with
the PPD file "Canon PIXMA MP610 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.5" it display
this as the status "Paused - "Printing page 1, 2%"" with the state of
the job as "/usr/lib/cups/backend/cnijusb failed", when I give it the
PPD of "Canon MP620-630 series Ver.2.80en" it also automatically
completes all jobs without actually printing anything.

Thanks.