Old 06-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Dave Morgan

Default What should the Arch Security Team be called?

On 17/06/10 at 08:46pm, Ananda Samaddar wrote:
> On to the first order of business. As the subject says, what should
> security team be called. Hopefully we can get a few suggestions and
> then reach a consensus. Arch Linux Security Task Force just sounds like
> too much of a mouthful to me.
>
> I was brooding over this and I thought some sort of acronym that's an
> actual word would sound better, so I came up with this:
>
> 'Arch Response Team for Security' or ARTS. It's a bit cheesy and
> cheats a bit to get the acronym but is instantly memorable. I'm aware
> arts was also a KDE technology but it has long since been deprecated.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Ananda

Arch Response Security Engineers?

--
Dave.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Ananda Samaddar

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 21:19:38 +0100
Dave Morgan <davemorgan353@btinternet.com> wrote:

> On 17/06/10 at 08:46pm, Ananda Samaddar wrote:
> > On to the first order of business. As the subject says, what should
> > security team be called. Hopefully we can get a few suggestions and
> > then reach a consensus. Arch Linux Security Task Force just sounds
> > like too much of a mouthful to me.
> >
> > I was brooding over this and I thought some sort of acronym that's
> > an actual word would sound better, so I came up with this:
> >
> > 'Arch Response Team for Security' or ARTS. It's a bit cheesy and
> > cheats a bit to get the acronym but is instantly memorable. I'm
> > aware arts was also a KDE technology but it has long since been
> > deprecated.
> >
> > Ideas?
> >
> > Ananda
>
> Arch Response Security Engineers?

Sensible suggestions please!

Ananda

Old 06-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Miah Johnson

I second "Arch Security Team" (AST). Its simple.

-Miah

Old 06-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Loui Chang

On Thu 17 Jun 2010 21:19 +0100, Dave Morgan wrote:
> On 17/06/10 at 08:46pm, Ananda Samaddar wrote:
> > On to the first order of business. As the subject says, what should
> > security team be called. Hopefully we can get a few suggestions and
> > then reach a consensus. Arch Linux Security Task Force just sounds like
> > too much of a mouthful to me.
> >
> > I was brooding over this and I thought some sort of acronym that's an
> > actual word would sound better, so I came up with this:
> >
> > 'Arch Response Team for Security' or ARTS. It's a bit cheesy and
> > cheats a bit to get the acronym but is instantly memorable. I'm aware
> > arts was also a KDE technology but it has long since been deprecated.
> >
> > Ideas?
>
> Arch Response Security Engineers?

HAHA YES!

Old 06-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Ananda Samaddar

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 13:27:59 -0700 (PDT)
nepherte <nepherte@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why not just "Arch Security Team" (AST) not to be confused with
> abstract syntax trees No need to make things complicated.

This looks like the way to go, if there's no more dissenters or better
suggestions.

Ananda

Old 06-17-2010, 08:45 PM
János Illés

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 22:19, Dave Morgan <davemorgan353@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 17/06/10 at 08:46pm, Ananda Samaddar wrote:
>> On to the first order of business. As the subject says, what should
>>
>> Ideas?
>>
>> Ananda
>
> Arch Response Security Engineers?
>
> --
> Dave.

hmmm.

Let's Make Arch Overprotected (LMAO)
Tape Arch's Cracks - Organiztaion (TACO)

--
ijanos

Old 06-17-2010, 08:53 PM
Angel Velásquez

2010/6/17 János Illés <ijanos@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 22:19, Dave Morgan <davemorgan353@btinternet.com> wrote:
>> On 17/06/10 at 08:46pm, Ananda Samaddar wrote:
>>> On to the first order of business. As the subject says, what should
>>>
>>> Ideas?
>>>
>>> Ananda
>>
>> Arch Response Security Engineers?
>>
>> --
>> Dave.
>>

> hmmm.
>
> Let's Make Arch Overprotected (LMAO)
> Tape Arch's Cracks - Organiztaion (TACO)

I vote for TACO !

--
Angel Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net

Old 06-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Marek Otahal

On Thursday 17 of June 2010 21:46:59 Ananda Samaddar wrote:
> On to the first order of business. As the subject says, what should
> security team be called. Hopefully we can get a few suggestions and
> then reach a consensus. Arch Linux Security Task Force just sounds like
> too much of a mouthful to me.
>
> I was brooding over this and I thought some sort of acronym that's an
> actual word would sound better, so I came up with this:
>
> 'Arch Response Team for Security' or ARTS. It's a bit cheesy and
> cheats a bit to get the acronym but is instantly memorable. I'm aware
> arts was also a KDE technology but it has long since been deprecated.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Ananda

Arch Security Mailing List ASML ?
--

Marek Otahal )

Old 06-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Ananda Samaddar

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 23:02:30 +0200
Marek Otahal <markotahal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Arch Security Mailing List ASML ?

That's more for the mailing list I reckon. I'll leave it half a day or
so, so that users from other time zones can get their opinions heard.
The consensus, trolling aside, seems to be on Arch Security Team (AST).
It's simple and to the point so seems to be in keeping with Arch's
philosophy and therefore fitting.

Ananda

Old 06-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Peter Lewis

On Thursday 17 Jun 2010 at 21:53 Angel Velásquez wrote:
> > Let's Make Arch Overprotected (LMAO)
> > Tape Arch's Cracks - Organiztaion (TACO)
>
> I vote for TACO !

or:

Tape Arch's Cracks Over

Toughened Arch Community Operation

Tough Arch Crack Ops

Lots of TACO options :-)

But yes, something simple and obvious is probably better. How about:

Standing Arch Linux Security Alliance (SALSA)

:-D