Old 06-17-2010, 10:18 PM
"J. McBlane"

Default What should the Arch Security Team be called?

Arch Security Enhancement Team?
Securing Arch For Everyone?
Arch Guard?

Old 06-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Miah Johnson

I think the name should be simple (I've already commented on AST). But I
wanted to point out, the name isn't everything. Its what the team does or
proposes to do that should be thought about. Spending too much time on a
name, while not actually doing anything is fail.

-Miah

Old 06-18-2010, 05:05 AM
Nilesh Govindarajan

On to the first order of business. As the subject says, what should
security team be called. Hopefully we can get a few suggestions and
then reach a consensus. Arch Linux Security Task Force just sounds like
too much of a mouthful to me.

I was brooding over this and I thought some sort of acronym that's an
actual word would sound better, so I came up with this:

'Arch Response Team for Security' or ARTS. It's a bit cheesy and
cheats a bit to get the acronym but is instantly memorable. I'm aware
arts was also a KDE technology but it has long since been deprecated.

Ideas?

Ananda

I vote for Securing Arch For Everyone (SAFE)

Nilesh Govindarajan
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nilesh.gr
Twitter: http://twitter.com/nileshgr
Website: http://www.itech7.com
Cheap and Reliable VPS Hosting: http://j.mp/arHk5e

Old 06-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Baho Utot

On to the first order of business. As the subject says, what should
security team be called. Hopefully we can get a few suggestions and
then reach a consensus. Arch Linux Security Task Force just sounds like
too much of a mouthful to me.

I was brooding over this and I thought some sort of acronym that's an
actual word would sound better, so I came up with this:

'Arch Response Team for Security' or ARTS. It's a bit cheesy and
cheats a bit to get the acronym but is instantly memorable. I'm aware
arts was also a KDE technology but it has long since been deprecated.

Ideas?

Ananda

I vote for Securing Arch For Everyone (SAFE)

First Arch Response Team ?

Old 06-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Chris Bannister

SUPER ARCH TEAM AWESOME