Old 06-17-2010, 02:39 AM
"PT M."

Default mplayer 31428-1 broken without libvpx.so.0

after recent update, mplayer failed to load with such error:

$ mplayer
> mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libvpx.so.0: cannot open

this so i think is supposed by libvpx, but:

$ pacman -Ql libvpx|grep /usr/lib
> libvpx /usr/lib/
> libvpx /usr/lib/libvpx.a

only a static lib is supplied.

libvpx is about the VP8 Codec which is newly added to ffmpeg and mplayer,
but this does this need some fix.

--
Arch Linuxer, Pythoner, Geek
--> Blog: http://apt-blog.net

Old 06-17-2010, 02:51 AM
Ng Oon-Ee

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 10:39 AM, PT M. <pentie@gmail.com> wrote:
> after recent update, mplayer failed to load with such error:
>
> $ mplayer
>> mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libvpx.so.0: cannot open
>> shared object file: No such file or directory
>>

> this so i think is supposed by libvpx, but:
>
> $ pacman -Ql libvpx|grep /usr/lib
>> libvpx /usr/lib/
>> libvpx /usr/lib/libvpx.a
>>

> only a static lib is supplied.
>
> libvpx *is about the VP8 Codec which is newly added to ffmpeg and mplayer,
> but this does this need some fix.

Not that I can provide any help, but this is just a generic "works here".

[ngoonee@ngoonee-laptop ~]$ pacman -Qi libvpx | grep Version
Version : 0.9.0-1
[ngoonee@ngoonee-laptop ~]$ pacman -Ql libvpx | grep /usr/lib
libvpx /usr/lib/
libvpx /usr/lib/libvpx.a
libvpx /usr/lib/libvpx.so
libvpx /usr/lib/libvpx.so.0
libvpx /usr/lib/libvpx.so.0.9
libvpx /usr/lib/libvpx.so.0.9.0

Old 06-17-2010, 03:29 AM
"PT M."

ok i got it, i somehow have libvpx 0.9.0-4 installed (cant remember form
where, maybe aur?), with no libvpx.so.0 provided. i reinstall libvpx from
extra and everything's fine

--
Arch Linuxer, Pythoner, Geek
--> Blog: http://apt-blog.net

Old 06-17-2010, 09:48 AM
julroy67

You're right, it was AUR version that I maintained, the first release of
libvpx provided only the static lib, and unfortunately, it seems that the
libvpx package in extra don't replace the AUR package that is now deleted.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:55 AM
Ray Rashif

On 17 June 2010 17:48, julroy67 <julroy67@gmail.com> wrote:
> You're right, it was AUR version that I maintained, the first release of
> libvpx provided only the static lib, and unfortunately, it seems that the
> libvpx package in extra don't replace the AUR package that is now deleted.

Remember, official packages never replace, conflict with, or provide
for anything in AUR, so this was normal behaviour.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD