Old 06-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Gaurish Sharma

Default Package fwbuilder flagged out-of-date

Hi,
The fwbuilder package which is very usefull for writing firewall rules is
flagged out of date since weeks. there is a major 4 which has lots of
new features[1]

Any reason its not being updated to latest version?

[1]http://www.fwbuilder.org/4.0/docs/whats_new/firewall_builder_whats_new_in_4_0.html

Regards,
Gaurish Sharma

Old 06-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Ionuț Bîru

The fwbuilder package which is very usefull for writing firewall rules is
flagged out of date since weeks. there is a major 4 which has lots of
new features[1]

Any reason its not being updated to latest version?

maybe the maintainer is busy and he didn't had time to update it.

what about helping him and send the up to date PKGBUILDs to him?

--
Ionuț

Old 06-17-2010, 08:39 AM
Guillaume ALAUX

On 16 June 2010 22:49, Ionuț Bîru <biru.ionut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/16/2010 11:47 PM, Gaurish Sharma wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> The fwbuilder package which is very usefull for writing firewall rules is
>> flagged out of date since weeks. there is a major 4 which has lots of
>> new features[1]
>>
>> Any reason its not being updated to latest version?
>>

> maybe the maintainer is busy and he didn't had time to update it.
>
> what about helping him and send the up to date PKGBUILDs to him?
>

> --
> Ionuț

Hi,

Here are new versions for fwbuilder and libfwbuilder.

They build and launch in my i686. Not tested in x64.

I haven't used them so can't say if they do what they are supposed to ("ie"
need further testing).

Added maintainer in this thread.

-- Guillaume

Old 06-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Gaurish Sharma

> Hi,
>
> Here are new versions for fwbuilder and libfwbuilder.
>
> They build and launch in my i686. Not tested in x64.
>
> I haven't used them so can't say if they do what they are supposed to ("ie"
> need further testing).
>
> Added maintainer in this thread.
>
> -- Guillaume

Hi
I tried install new packages but getting this error when launching
from command line "fwbuilder
fwbuilder: error while loading shared libraries: libfwbuilder.so.8:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

More basic troubleshooting
$ locate libfwbuilder.so.8
/usr/lib/libfwbuilder.so.8
/usr/lib/libfwbuilder.so.8.2
/usr/lib/libfwbuilder.so.8.2.0

$ ls /usr/lib/ | grep libfw
libfwbuilder.so
libfwbuilder.so.9
libfwbuilder.so.9.1
libfwbuilder.so.9.1.0
libfwcompiler.so
libfwcompiler.so.9
libfwcompiler.so.9.1
libfwcompiler.so.9.1.0

The are packages are I used.

[1] libfwbuilder-4.0.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz --> http://ubuntuone.com/p/7LH/
[2] fwbuilder-4.0.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz --> http://ubuntuone.com/p/7LR/

seems these are broken :|

Regards,
Gaurish Sharma
www.gaurishsharma.com

I tried install new packages but getting this error when launching
from command line "fwbuilder
fwbuilder: error while loading shared libraries: libfwbuilder.so.8:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

first compile and install libfwbuilder and then compile fwbuilder
against the new libfwbuilder. the order is important

--
Ionuț

Old 06-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Gaurish Sharma

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 11:34 PM, Ionuț Bîru <biru.ionut@gmail.com> wrote:

> first compile and install libfwbuilder and then compile fwbuilder against
> the new libfwbuilder. the order is important
>
> --
> Ionuț

Hi,
I compiled libfwbuilder and installed it. then I complied fwbuilder
package and installed it.

All this was done by makepkg. but still setting that error about
missing shared library libfwbuilder.so.8

I guess, downgrading to version 3 and waiting for official packages
seems the only solution. Hope the maintainer finds some time and
updates it.

Regards,
Gaurish Sharma
www.gaurishsharma.com

Old 06-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Guillaume ALAUX

Which architecture your are building on?

Old 06-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On Thursday 17 June 2010 21:50:27 Gaurish Sharma wrote:
> I guess, downgrading to version 3 and waiting for official packages
> seems the only solution. Hope the maintainer finds some time and
> updates it.
Hi,
please try these packages and report any issue.
If you say that them are working I will upload them in [extra].

libfwbuilder - http://andreascarpino.it/uploads/libfwbuilder-4.0.2-1-
x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
fwbuilder - http://andreascarpino.it/uploads/fwbuilder-4.0.2-1-
x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

--
Andrea Scarpino - andreascarpino.it
KDE Maintainer in Arch Linux

Old 06-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Gaurish Sharma

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 1:29 AM, Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> please try these packages and report any issue.
> If you say that them are working I will upload them in [extra].
>
> libfwbuilder - http://andreascarpino.it/uploads/libfwbuilder-4.0.2-1-
> x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
> fwbuilder - http://andreascarpino.it/uploads/fwbuilder-4.0.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
>
> --
> Andrea Scarpino - andreascarpino.it
> KDE Maintainer in Arch Linux

Hi,
Awesome work! These packages work without any issues.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Gaurish Sharma
www.gaurishsharma.com

Old 06-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Guillaume ALAUX

Sweet !

Well done Andreas. Could we see the sources plz? I'm curious !