Old 06-16-2010, 07:51 PM
jwbirdsong

Default Xorg-server 1.8 - when?

On 06/16/2010 10:06 AM, Nicky726 wrote:

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 15:17:44 +0200
From: ?yvind Heggstad<mrelendig@har-ikkje.net>
On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 15:47:16 +0530

Gaurish Sharma<contact@gaurishsharma.com> wrote:

Hi,
I think Nvidia still does not work with 1.8

Regards,
Gaurish Sharma

The last I heard was that the devs are waiting for the legazy nvidia
drivers to be updated.
(nvidia-173xx/96xx)

Uh... to hell with nvidia, there is nouveau... and if I remember correctly noone
did wait for the catalyst.

no offence ment, just the blob and stuff...

Nicky

Ignore my previous post... I should have look at the legacy drives which
is < 1%

My bad.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:56 PM

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 09:31:02PM +0300, Evangelos Foutras wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 9:12 PM, Aljosha Papsch <joschi.papsch@yahoo.de> wrote:
>
> > How can you answer to a message that was sent after yours?
>
> Probably by not running an NTP daemon and having your system clock
> fall behind or get misconfigured.

Indeed ! This sytem used to have ntpd running. For some reason it
was disabled in /etc/rc.conf... Back up now !

Ciao,

--
FA

O tu, che porte, correndo si ?
E guerra e morte !

Old 06-17-2010, 12:12 AM
Ng Oon-Ee

On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 21:56 +0200, fons@kokkinizita.net wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 09:31:02PM +0300, Evangelos Foutras wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 9:12 PM, Aljosha Papsch <joschi.papsch@yahoo.de> wrote:
> >
> > > How can you answer to a message that was sent after yours?
> >
> > Probably by not running an NTP daemon and having your system clock
> > fall behind or get misconfigured.
>
> Indeed ! This sytem used to have ntpd running. For some reason it
> was disabled in /etc/rc.conf... Back up now !
>
> Ciao,

Here I was thinking fons had mastered time travel and forgot he needed
to hide it =)

Old 06-18-2010, 05:54 AM
Raghavendra D Prabhu

* On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 12:21:52PM +0200, Lukáš Jirkovský <l.jirkovsky@gmail.com> wrote:

On 16 June 2010 12:17, Gaurish Sharma <contact@gaurishsharma.com> wrote:

Hi,
I think Nvidia still does not work with 1.8

Regards,
Gaurish Sharma

At least nvidia-beta works fine.

I am using xorg-server from about one month. No issues so far. Also I am using
nvidia-beta (for 1.8 from versions 195.36.24 onwards,currently on 256.29).
Raghavendra D Prabhu