Old 06-16-2010, 07:14 AM
Lukáš Jirkovský

Default Xorg-server 1.8 - when?

Hello,
I'd like to ask what are the plans for the xorg-server 1.8, especially
now when RC1 of xorg-server 1.9 is out. Please don't get me wrong, I'm
not demanding anything but I'm wondering what is holding back the move
to [extra].

I'm using new xorg-server on two different computers (notebook with
intel and desktop with nvidia's blob) for some time without any
problems.

Have a nice day,
Lukas

Old 06-16-2010, 07:20 AM
Jan de Groot

On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 09:14 +0200, Lukáš Jirkovský wrote:
> Hello,
> I'd like to ask what are the plans for the xorg-server 1.8, especially
> now when RC1 of xorg-server 1.9 is out. Please don't get me wrong, I'm
> not demanding anything but I'm wondering what is holding back the move
> to [extra].
>
> I'm using new xorg-server on two different computers (notebook with
> intel and desktop with nvidia's blob) for some time without any
> problems.

Though xorg-server 1.8 is not completely issue-free, I don't think 1.7
from extra isn't issue-free either. I've been running these packages for
months now without much problems.
Before we start moving xorg-server 1.8, I would like to know when we can
move kernel26. The latest kernel has a lot of fixes for Intel and
ATI/AMD DRM. Do we have really important open bugs for 2.6.34, or are we
just waiting for the magic .1 release?

Old 06-16-2010, 07:20 AM
Jan de Groot