Old 06-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Gaurish Sharma

Default Apache: hide real dir structure

Hi,
On the Arch Server running Apache. I have Control Panel for which I
want to hide real directory name. Don't want to disclose the real
location it.

Can I display domain.com/foo1/foo2/foo3/ as subdomain(foo.domain.com)
where foo.domain.com points to --> domain.com/foo1/foo2/foo3

If yes, then how?

Regards,
Gaurish Sharma
www.gaurishsharma.com

Old 06-15-2010, 06:46 PM
David Rosenstrauch

On the Arch Server running Apache. I have Control Panel for which I
want to hide real directory name. Don't want to disclose the real
location it.

Can I display domain.com/foo1/foo2/foo3/ as subdomain(foo.domain.com)
where foo.domain.com points to --> domain.com/foo1/foo2/foo3

If yes, then how?

Regards,
Gaurish Sharma
www.gaurishsharma.com

Read up on virtual hosts. Configuration is basically like so:

<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot /var/www/html/foo1/foo2/foo3
ServerName foo.domain.com
</VirtualHost>

DR