Old 06-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Dan Vratil

Default How do I get Battlefield 2 with Steam running under Wine?

On Monday 14 June 2010 10:04:46 Jordan Windsor wrote:
> I've tried: bin32-wine(AUR), bin32-wine-suse(AUR) & bin32-wine(Arch Gaming
> Repo)
>
> Here's the output of running Steam under Wine and selecting to run
> Battlefield 2 through Steam http://pastebin.com/Aea4takn
>
> Thanks.

From the output it seems that you are missing 32bit graphics drivers - bin32-
nvidia-utils for nvidia or lib32-catalyst-utils for ATI graphics.

Then you are missing lib32-libxml2 and lib32-libjpeg and optionally you can
install lib32-mpg123 too.

Then make sure you have DirectX, MSXML3, MSXML4 installed in Wine (you can use
winetricks to properly install it) and set them all as native.

Dan

--
---------------------------------
Dan Vrátil

Tento email neobsahuje žádné viry, protože odes*latel nepouž*vá Windows. /
This email does not contain any viruses because the sender does not use
Windows.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Jordan Windsor

Thanks for your help,
I was able to get the game running and play a single player game but I
was unable to play any multiplayers matches.
I was kicked by PunkBuster (Anti-Cheating service) any known solution?

Old 06-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Dan Vratil

On Monday 14 June 2010 12:00:46 Jordan Windsor wrote:
> Thanks for your help,
> I was able to get the game running and play a single player game but I
> was unable to play any multiplayers matches.
> I was kicked by PunkBuster (Anti-Cheating service) any known solution?

Check WineHQ App repository, there's some guide how to make multiplayer
running [1].

Dan

[1] http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=2424

--