Old 06-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Christopher Rogers

Default Fixes for alot of PKGBUILDs

I have fixes for alot of packages in extra and community.

you can find the fixes here:
http://github.com/godane/abs-source/tree/my-fixes

its best to 'git clone git://github.com/godane/abs-source.git' without
quotes.

Do a 'git diff abs-20100611 my-fixes' without quotes to see the fixes i
added to them.

You can ignore aumix-gtk since it was updated. Also all texlive-*-doc url
are broken. There url is you guys so i didn't bother to fix those.

I hope this helps.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Ng Oon-Ee

On Sat, 2010-06-12 at 03:38 -0400, Christopher Rogers wrote:
> I have fixes for alot of packages in extra and community.
>
> you can find the fixes here:
> http://github.com/godane/abs-source/tree/my-fixes
>
> its best to 'git clone git://github.com/godane/abs-source.git' without
> quotes.
>
> Do a 'git diff abs-20100611 my-fixes' without quotes to see the fixes i
> added to them.
>
> You can ignore aumix-gtk since it was updated. Also all texlive-*-doc url
> are broken. There url is you guys so i didn't bother to fix those.
>
> I hope this helps.

Any reason why you're maintaining these fixes without submitting them to
the proper places (Arch devs/TUs for packaging patches, upstream for
app-patches)?

Old 06-12-2010, 10:30 AM
甘露(Gan Lu)

2010/6/12 Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee@gmail.com>:
> On Sat, 2010-06-12 at 03:38 -0400, Christopher Rogers wrote:
>> I have fixes for alot of packages in extra and community.
>>
>> you can find the fixes here:
>> http://github.com/godane/abs-source/tree/my-fixes
>>
>> its best to 'git clone git://github.com/godane/abs-source.git' without
>> quotes.
>>
>> Do a 'git diff abs-20100611 my-fixes' without quotes to see the fixes i
>> added to them.
>>
>> You can ignore aumix-gtk since it was updated. Also all texlive-*-doc url
>> are broken. There url is you guys so i didn't bother to fix those.
>>
>> I hope this helps.
>
> Any reason why you're maintaining these fixes without submitting them to
> the proper places (Arch devs/TUs for packaging patches, upstream for
> app-patches)?
Yeah, I have the same question, in my memory, devs/TUs are quite happy
to emerge good patches.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Ray Rashif

On 12 June 2010 16:30, 甘露(Gan Lu) <rhythm.gan@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/6/12 Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee@gmail.com>:
>> On Sat, 2010-06-12 at 03:38 -0400, Christopher Rogers wrote:
>>> I have fixes for alot of packages in extra and community.
>>>
>>> you can find the fixes here:
>>> http://github.com/godane/abs-source/tree/my-fixes
>>>
>>> its best to 'git clone git://github.com/godane/abs-source.git' without
>>> quotes.
>>>
>>> Do a 'git diff abs-20100611 my-fixes' without quotes to see the fixes i
>>> added to them.
>>>
>>> You can ignore aumix-gtk since it was updated. Also all texlive-*-doc url
>>> are broken. There url is you guys so i didn't bother to fix those.
>>>
>>> I hope this helps.
>>
>> Any reason why you're maintaining these fixes without submitting them to
>> the proper places (Arch devs/TUs for packaging patches, upstream for
>> app-patches)?
> Yeah, I have the same question, in my memory, devs/TUs are quite happy
> to emerge good patches.

It's perfectly fine to share those here, since there are fixes for
community and the official repos. Perhaps he didn't want to label all
these as "bugs", hence not being a bug report instead.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD

Old 06-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Ng Oon-Ee

On Sat, 2010-06-12 at 20:38 +0600, Ray Rashif wrote:
> On 12 June 2010 16:30, 甘露(Gan Lu) <rhythm.gan@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Any reason why you're maintaining these fixes without submitting them to
> >> the proper places (Arch devs/TUs for packaging patches, upstream for
> >> app-patches)?
> > Yeah, I have the same question, in my memory, devs/TUs are quite happy
> > to emerge good patches.
>
> It's perfectly fine to share those here, since there are fixes for
> community and the official repos. Perhaps he didn't want to label all
> these as "bugs", hence not being a bug report instead.

For clarification, I didn't mean to imply these shouldn't be shared, I
was simply wondering what sort of fixes require maintaining a separate
list of patches outside the extra/community repos.

Then again, my curiosity did not extend to actually checking his abs
tree out, so go figure =).