Old 06-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Gary Wright

Default Bad Magic Number in Superblock - Any trick for Arch or for new kernels?

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Axel Müller <axel-mueller-74@web.de> wrote:

> I think it was about 1 1/2 year ago when there was a big fuss about some
> Seagate drive models going bad because of a firmware bug. Seagate
> provided a firmware update for these. If you haven't allready done so,
> you might want to check their knowledge base if your drives were affected
> and if you somehow can resurrect them yourself.

[1] Random blog post on the issue
[2] Link to serial number validation tool to see if it was one of the
affected units:

[1] http://storagesecrets.org/2009/01/alert-seagate-barracuda-diamondmax-drives-dying-emergency-actions-required/
[2] http://support.seagate.com/sncheck.html