Old 06-03-2010, 05:48 AM
Caleb Cushing

Default change user and group in env in PKGBUILD

so i'm trying to update the oracle pkgbuild on AUR. oracle's installer
won't run as root, but it thinks that it's running as root. how can I
change this? I believe it is supposed to be run as the user and group
that it gets installed as what's the best way to add those in the
pkgbuild?

--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com

Old 06-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Loui Chang

On Thu 03 Jun 2010 01:48 -0400, Caleb Cushing wrote:
> so i'm trying to update the oracle pkgbuild on AUR. oracle's installer
> won't run as root, but it thinks that it's running as root. how can I
> change this? I believe it is supposed to be run as the user and group
> that it gets installed as what's the best way to add those in the
> pkgbuild?

Try adding a trivial package function:
package() {return 0}

or you might be able to manipulate BUILDENV and add !fakeroot.