FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux General Discussion

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Marek Otahal
 
Default Broken kwallet after kde 4.4.4 update

Hello,
anyone else experiencing issues with kwalletmanager after the upgrade?
I upgraded during the kdelibs 4.4.3 issue, but that's fixed now. I don't know
if it was a buggy upgrade or the release but the new kde sucks on my machine.
Keybindings, such as alt+f2, volume up/down, alt+tab, etc., don't work and my
main problem is Kwalletmanager. It runs in tray ok, but my wallet is missing,
settings don't react,... I've filed a bug http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/19678
. I did even try yaourt -Rcsn kde and yaourt -S kde but bugs still persist.
Any ideas on fixing this? Advice to rm .kde4 is the solution I'd like to
avoid.
Thank you in advance.
Regards, Mark
--

Marek Otahal )
 
Old 06-03-2010, 06:31 AM
Madhurya Kakati
 
Default Broken kwallet after kde 4.4.4 update

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 2:26 AM, Marek Otahal <markotahal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> anyone else experiencing issues with kwalletmanager after the upgrade?
> I upgraded during the kdelibs 4.4.3 issue, but that's fixed now. I don't know
> if it was a buggy upgrade or the release but the new kde sucks on my machine.
> Keybindings, such as alt+f2, volume up/down, alt+tab, etc., don't work and my
> main problem is Kwalletmanager. It runs in tray ok, but my wallet is missing,
> settings don't react,... I've filed a bug http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/19678
> . I did even try yaourt -Rcsn kde and yaourt -S kde but bugs still persist.
> Any ideas on fixing this? Advice to rm .kde4 is the solution I'd like to
> avoid.
> Thank you in advance.
> Regards, Mark
> --
>
> Marek Otahal )
>

I haven't updated kde yet because of that kdelibs issue.
 
Old 06-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Peter Lewis
 
Default Broken kwallet after kde 4.4.4 update

Hi,

On Wednesday 02 Jun 2010 at 21:56 Marek Otahal wrote:
> anyone else experiencing issues with kwalletmanager after the upgrade?

Nothing too helpful to add I'm afraid, other than it's working here. I
upgraded yesterday and had no problems. KWallet seemed to forget that Korgac
was allowed to access it, but everything else has been fine.

Good luck,

Pete.
 
Old 06-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Lukáš Jirkovský
 
Default Broken kwallet after kde 4.4.4 update

On 2 June 2010 22:56, Marek Otahal <markotahal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> anyone else experiencing issues with kwalletmanager after the upgrade?
> I upgraded during the kdelibs 4.4.3 issue, but that's fixed now. I don't know
> if it was a buggy upgrade or the release but the new kde sucks on my machine.
> Keybindings, such as alt+f2, volume up/down, alt+tab, etc., don't work and my
> main problem is Kwalletmanager. It runs in tray ok, but my wallet is missing,
> settings don't react,... I've filed a bug http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/19678
> . I did even try yaourt -Rcsn kde and yaourt -S kde but bugs still persist.
> Any ideas on fixing this? Advice to rm .kde4 is the solution I'd like to
> avoid.
> Thank you in advance.
> Regards, Mark
> --
>
> Marek Otahal )
>

It could be worse. For me it broke everything visible (at least plasma
configuration was gone) and I had to clean my .kde4 and configure
everything again.
 
Old 06-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Marek Otahal
 
Default Broken kwallet after kde 4.4.4 update

> It could be worse. For me it broke everything visible (at least plasma
> configuration was gone) and I had to clean my .kde4 and configure
> everything again.
Well, I'd like to thank everybody for support, I finally decided to spent
4hours and revert back to a (luckily made) backup. Later I upgraded again and
everything works well now. So I believe the cause was a broken upgrade process
on my side (kdelibs,..)

Talking about a clean .kde4, this is a common but radical solution, is there
and easy way to perserve IM history, mails, kwallet passwords and whatnot.. or
is this all hidden (and lost) somewhere in this dir and has to be copied
manually?
Thanks again, Marek

--

Marek Otahal )
 
Old 06-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Lukáš Jirkovský
 
Default Broken kwallet after kde 4.4.4 update

On 3 June 2010 15:47, Marek Otahal <markotahal@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It could be worse. For me it broke everything visible (at least plasma
>> configuration was gone) and I had to clean my .kde4 and configure
>> everything again.
> Well, I'd like to thank everybody for support, I finally decided to spent
> 4hours and revert back to a (luckily made) backup. Later I upgraded again and
> everything works well now. So I believe the cause was a broken upgrade process
> on my side (kdelibs,..)
>
> Talking about a clean .kde4, this is a common but radical solution, is there
> and easy way to perserve IM history, mails, kwallet passwords and whatnot.. or
> is this all hidden (and lost) somewhere in this dir and has to be copied
> manually?
> Thanks again, Marek
>
> --
>
> Marek Otahal )
>

Actually you don't have to start from scratch. Usually when you need
to start with a clean .kde4 it's because plasma (or some other basic
component of desktop) have broken configuration. Fortunately
configuration of other applications (especially if they were not
running in time of breakage) shouldn't be touched.

What I did after breakage of my kde settings is that I moved .kde4 to
.kde4.old and did a basic configuration (in my case configuring plasma
theme and adding widgets) again. Then I copied application (kdevelop,
amarok, kopete…) settings* from .kde4.old to the new .kde4.

Lukas



* The application settings can be found in .kde4/share/apps and in
.kde4/share/config.
 
Old 06-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Marek Otahal
 
Default Broken kwallet after kde 4.4.4 update

On Thursday 03 of June 2010 16:00:26 Lukáš Jirkovský wrote:
> On 3 June 2010 15:47, Marek Otahal <markotahal@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> It could be worse. For me it broke everything visible (at least plasma
> >> configuration was gone) and I had to clean my .kde4 and configure
> >> everything again.
> >
> > Well, I'd like to thank everybody for support, I finally decided to spent
> > 4hours and revert back to a (luckily made) backup. Later I upgraded again
> > and everything works well now. So I believe the cause was a broken
> > upgrade process on my side (kdelibs,..)
> >
> > Talking about a clean .kde4, this is a common but radical solution, is
> > there and easy way to perserve IM history, mails, kwallet passwords and
> > whatnot.. or is this all hidden (and lost) somewhere in this dir and has
> > to be copied manually?
> > Thanks again, Marek
> >
> > --
> >
> > Marek Otahal )
>
> Actually you don't have to start from scratch. Usually when you need
> to start with a clean .kde4 it's because plasma (or some other basic
> component of desktop) have broken configuration. Fortunately
> configuration of other applications (especially if they were not
> running in time of breakage) shouldn't be touched.
>
> What I did after breakage of my kde settings is that I moved .kde4 to
> .kde4.old and did a basic configuration (in my case configuring plasma
> theme and adding widgets) again. Then I copied application (kdevelop,
> amarok, kopete…) settings* from .kde4.old to the new .kde4.
>
> Lukas
>
>
>
> * The application settings can be found in .kde4/share/apps and in
> .kde4/share/config.

Thanks a lot! I'll try that next time I need it. It's at least better that
setting everything from scratch.
Ahoj, M.
--

Marek Otahal )
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:26 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org