FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Lukas Fleischer
 
Default VirtualBox

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 10:11:54AM -0400, Carlos Mennens wrote:
> Just for VirtualBox I have installed:
>
> sudo pacman -S libxcursor
> sudo pacman -S sdl
> sudo pacman -S fontconfig
>
> And now it's still complaining about "libXi.so.6"...Is there no way
> just to resolve everything or locate all required dependencies?

How did you install X? All those packages get installed automatically if
you install X via `pacman -S xorg` as described in the wiki [1].

[1] http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg#Installing
 
Old 04-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Carlos Mennens
 
Default VirtualBox

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Lukas Fleischer
<archlinux@cryptocrack.de> wrote:
> How did you install X? All those packages get installed automatically if
> you install X via `pacman -S xorg` as described in the wiki [1].
>
> [1] http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg#Installing

I didn't install X on the server. It's CLI only. I then 'ssh -Y' to do
X11 forwarding to my desktop who has X installed.
 
Old 01-14-2011, 11:23 PM
john
 
Default VirtualBox

Any one having issues with version 4 of VirtualBox.

Mouse integration does not work any more. I can no longer use mouse
within VirtualBox.

I have disabled/enabled mosue integration.



--------------
John D Maunder
john@arcticwolf.myzen.co.uk
 
Old 01-14-2011, 11:56 PM
Mark Knecht
 
Default VirtualBox

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 4:23 PM, john <john@arcticwolf.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
> Any one having issues with version 4 of VirtualBox.
>
> Mouse integration does not work any more. I can no longer use mouse
> within VirtualBox.
>
> I have disabled/enabled mosue integration.
>
>
>
> --------------
> John D Maunder
> john@arcticwolf.myzen.co.uk
>

Hi John,
I'm having a few issues with it, but not specifically any mouse
problems. I run both Gentoo and Win7 VMs, and I run the Gentoo VMs on
both Gentoo and Win7 hosts. The mouse has been a little touchy within
the Gentoo VM on a Win7 host, at least the first day or two. However I
followed the guide I found and enabled the additions package in
rc-update and things got better. No mouse problems with any of the VMs
on my Gentoo host.

My big problem is that a perfectly working Win7 VM under 3.?.? now
'pauses' at odd times. It's working fine, but I come back and hour
later and it's all grayed out. I unpause it and it is working again
for another hour. The same VM under the previous version didn't do
this ever.

- Mark
 
Old 01-15-2011, 06:43 AM
Alan McKinnon
 
Default VirtualBox

Apparently, though unproven, at 02:23 on Saturday 15 January 2011, john did
opine thusly:

> Any one having issues with version 4 of VirtualBox.
>
> Mouse integration does not work any more. I can no longer use mouse
> within VirtualBox.
>
> I have disabled/enabled mosue integration.

Mouse integration works fine here. I didn't have to do anything when migrating
from 3.

What definitely is broken is the Settings button above the list of virtual
machines - it makes VB segfault. I must click the section headings on the
right pane to make config changes to my guests



--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
 
Old 01-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Mark Knecht
 
Default VirtualBox

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 11:43 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
> Mouse integration works fine here. I didn't have to do anything when migrating
> from 3.
>
> What definitely is broken is the Settings button above the list of virtual
> machines - it makes VB segfault. I must click the section headings on the
> right pane to make config changes to my guests
>

I'm not seeing that problem on my server. The machine is mostly stable.

- Mark
 
Old 01-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Yohan Pereira
 
Default VirtualBox

On Saturday 15 Jan 2011 1:13:41 PM Alan McKinnon wrote:
> What definitely is broken is the Settings button above the list of virtual
> machines - it makes VB segfault.

yea i have this problem too. Using virtualbox-bin for the time being that
seems to work fine.

> I must click the section headings on the
> right pane to make config changes to my guests

oh i didnt try that


--
- Yohan Pereira.
 
Old 01-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Alan McKinnon
 
Default VirtualBox

Apparently, though unproven, at 02:23 on Saturday 15 January 2011, john did
opine thusly:

> Any one having issues with version 4 of VirtualBox.
>
> Mouse integration does not work any more. I can no longer use mouse
> within VirtualBox.
>
> I have disabled/enabled mosue integration.

make sure you did rebuild the virtual box modules after upgrading virtualbox.

They come as a pair at v-4.0.0 but you might have some odd masks that
prevented it.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
 
Old 01-16-2011, 03:37 AM
David Relson
 
Default VirtualBox

With my AMD Phenom, v-4.0.0 doesn't work at all. After clicking on the
icon (or running /usr/bin/VirtualBox - a link
to /opt/VirtualBox/VBox.sh), nothing happens -- specifically VBox's
window doesn't appear.

After reverting to v-3.2.12-r2, all is fine.

FWIW, I'm using virtualbox-bin.


On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 22:51:47 +0200
Alan McKinnon wrote:

> Apparently, though unproven, at 02:23 on Saturday 15 January 2011,
> john did opine thusly:
>
> > Any one having issues with version 4 of VirtualBox.
> >
> > Mouse integration does not work any more. I can no longer use mouse
> > within VirtualBox.
> >
> > I have disabled/enabled mosue integration.
>
> make sure you did rebuild the virtual box modules after upgrading
> virtualbox.
>
> They come as a pair at v-4.0.0 but you might have some odd masks that
> prevented it.
>
> --
> alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
 
Old 01-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Alan McKinnon
 
Default VirtualBox

Apparently, though unproven, at 02:56 on Saturday 15 January 2011, Mark Knecht
did opine thusly:

> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 4:23 PM, john <john@arcticwolf.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
> > Any one having issues with version 4 of VirtualBox.
> >
> > Mouse integration does not work any more. I can no longer use mouse
> > within VirtualBox.
> >
> > I have disabled/enabled mosue integration.
> >
> >
> >
> > --------------
> > John D Maunder
> > john@arcticwolf.myzen.co.uk
>
> Hi John,
> I'm having a few issues with it, but not specifically any mouse
> problems. I run both Gentoo and Win7 VMs, and I run the Gentoo VMs on
> both Gentoo and Win7 hosts. The mouse has been a little touchy within
> the Gentoo VM on a Win7 host, at least the first day or two. However I
> followed the guide I found and enabled the additions package in
> rc-update and things got better. No mouse problems with any of the VMs
> on my Gentoo host.
>
> My big problem is that a perfectly working Win7 VM under 3.?.? now
> 'pauses' at odd times. It's working fine, but I come back and hour
> later and it's all grayed out. I unpause it and it is working again
> for another hour. The same VM under the previous version didn't do
> this ever.
>
> - Mark

Mark,

Sounds like this:

http://pi-ist-genau-3.de/?p=1071


--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:34 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org