Old 04-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Ng Oon-Ee

Default Sign-offs for community-testing?

Hi all,

I noticed a new pulseaudio in [community-testing], do request for
sign-offs for that come to [arch-dev-public] as well? Or the AUR ML
(which I'm not on)?

Old 04-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Dan McGee

2010/4/3 Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee@gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed a new pulseaudio in [community-testing], do request for
> sign-offs for that come to [arch-dev-public] as well? Or the AUR ML
> (which I'm not on)?

Neither.

1. If signoffs are requested, a developer will always start a [signoff] thread
2. Packages in non-core repos typically don't need signoffs unless
there is a compelling reason
3. [testing] is used for rebuilds in addition to new [core] packages;
all these packages are in testing due to the openssl rebuild

Old 04-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Ng Oon-Ee

On Sat, 2010-04-03 at 10:42 -0500, Dan McGee wrote:
> 2010/4/3 Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee@gmail.com>:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I noticed a new pulseaudio in [community-testing], do request for
> > sign-offs for that come to [arch-dev-public] as well? Or the AUR ML
> > (which I'm not on)?
>
> Neither.
>
> 1. If signoffs are requested, a developer will always start a [signoff] thread
> 2. Packages in non-core repos typically don't need signoffs unless
> there is a compelling reason
> 3. [testing] is used for rebuilds in addition to new [core] packages;
> all these packages are in testing due to the openssl rebuild

Thanks for the clarification Dan. I did not think it was on the openssl
list as it wasn't on the list Allan posted up in the forums previously.