Old 04-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Csomay Mihaly

Default Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 5100AGN - how to get it working

Alain Muls <alain.muls@telenet.be> writes:

> I managed to get X up although the keyboard is always on US in stead of BE
> layout, but I think I can find that one out.

Just change it in /etc/hal/fdi/policy/10-keymap.fdi
The line you need to change is this:

<merge key="input.xkb.layout" type="string">XX</merge>

Change XX to the layout you want.
If you don't have a 10-keymap.fdi file there, copy from
/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/10-keymap.fdi
to /etc/hal/fdi/policy/

csm