-   -   Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 5100AGN - how to get it working (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-general-discussion/350879-intel-r-wireless-wifi-link-5100agn-how-get-working.html)

Alain Muls 04-02-2010 06:44 PM

Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 5100AGN - how to get it working

Hi All

I managed to get X up although the keyboard is always on US in stead of BE
layout, but I think I can find that one out.

I also tried to get wifi access but I cannot get the driver installed.

On Ubuntu I get the following:

[507] [amuls@geodprof: ~]$ dmesg | grep -i wire
[ 21.608085] iwlagn: Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link AGN driver for Linux,
1.3.27k
[ 21.608350] iwlagn 0000:05:00.0: Detected Intel Wireless WiFi Link
5100AGN REV=0x54

What is the package to install and what do I have to do afterwards?

bye/Alain