Old 04-02-2010, 04:38 PM

Default new netinstall image required ?

Hello all,

I wanted to do a new install today, using netinstall
on an USB stick which has worked at least 5 times
before, the last time less than two weeks ago.

Things failed in the 'Configure System' phase, seems
I didn't have an /etc under /mnt (and yes I did have
a '/' partition and it was mounted on /mnt !).

Do I need a new /arch/setup ?

Ciao,

--
FA

O tu, che porte, correndo si ?
E guerra e morte !

Old 04-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Dieter Plaetinck

On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 18:38:34 +0200
fons@kokkinizita.net wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I wanted to do a new install today, using netinstall
> on an USB stick which has worked at least 5 times
> before, the last time less than two weeks ago.
>
> Things failed in the 'Configure System' phase, seems
> I didn't have an /etc under /mnt (and yes I did have
> a '/' partition and it was mounted on /mnt !).
>
> Do I need a new /arch/setup ?
>
> Ciao,

well, if you use the old 2009.8 images which has the old aif, it will
indeed give problems when you install the latest packages (although
technically it will mount /mnt/etc, but before it mounts /mnt so it
gets inaccessible), and this problem exists more then since two weeks.
http://projects.archlinux.org/aif.git/commit/?id=e478d001f43a61ba27650e1229baf0e8850a0835

*if* this is the problem you're having,
possible solutions:
1) run LC_COLLATE=c /arch/setup
2) get a new iso from http://build.archlinux.org/isos/

Dieter

Old 04-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Heiko Baums

Am Fri, 2 Apr 2010 19:57:10 +0200
schrieb Dieter Plaetinck <dieter@plaetinck.be>:

> well, if you use the old 2009.8 images which has the old aif, it will
> indeed give problems when you install the latest packages (although
> technically it will mount /mnt/etc, but before it mounts /mnt so it
> gets inaccessible), and this problem exists more then since two weeks.
> http://projects.archlinux.org/aif.git/commit/?id=e478d001f43a61ba27650e1229baf0e8850a0835
>
> *if* this is the problem you're having,
> possible solutions:
> 1) run LC_COLLATE=c /arch/setup
> 2) get a new iso from http://build.archlinux.org/isos/

If the old 2009.08 isos don't work correctly anymore and the new
2010.03 are already released on http://build.archlinux.org/isos/, why
aren't they released or linked to on http://www.archlinux.org/download/
and the mirrors? This is the place where new users usually look first
to get the install images.

Heiko