Old 04-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Alain Muls

Default Keyboard not working in X11

Hi All

I have a GeForce 9600 GT graphics card and installed the nvidia driver. I
had difficulties in getting a X11 screen with the terminal, but finally I
made it. The xterm comes up but my keyboard does not work.

Any suggestions?
Tx/Alain
------------------------------
*Alain Muls* alain.muls@rma.ac.be Royal Military Academy Tel +32 2
7426340 Renaissance
Avenue 30 Fax+32 2 7426622 B1000 Brussels - Belgium

Old 04-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Sven-Hendrik Haase

On 01.04.2010 15:32, Alain Muls wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have a GeForce 9600 GT graphics card and installed the nvidia driver. I
> had difficulties in getting a X11 screen with the terminal, but finally I
> made it. The xterm comes up but my keyboard does not work.
>
> Any suggestions?
> Tx/Alain
> ------------------------------
> *Alain Muls* alain.muls@rma.ac.be Royal Military Academy Tel +32 2
> 7426340 Renaissance
> Avenue 30 Fax+32 2 7426622 B1000 Brussels - Belgium

Did you /etc/rc.d/hal start?

Old 04-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Nilesh Govindarajan

I have a GeForce 9600 GT graphics card and installed the nvidia driver. I
had difficulties in getting a X11 screen with the terminal, but finally I
made it. The xterm comes up but my keyboard does not work.

Any suggestions?
Tx/Alain
*Alain Muls* alain.muls@rma.ac.be Royal Military Academy Tel +32 2
7426340 Renaissance
Avenue 30 Fax+32 2 7426622 B1000 Brussels - Belgium

Did you install the keyboard drivers ?

The package name is xf86-input-keyboard.

Also, post your xorg config here.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator