-   -   new pacman error: vercmp: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8 (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-general-discussion/350217-new-pacman-error-vercmp-error-while-loading-shared-libraries-libssl-so-0-9-8-a.html)

"David C. Rankin" 04-01-2010 07:19 AM

new pacman error: vercmp: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8

Guys,

After the pacman update tonight, I am getting errors every once in a while
during updates that say:

vercmp: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open
/tmp/alpm_DBOUwW/.INSTALL: line 8: [: -lt: unary operator expected

It doesn't seem to be hurting anything, but didn't know if I needed to do
anything else about it. What say the gurus?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC

Allan McRae 04-01-2010 07:26 AM

new pacman error: vercmp: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8

After the pacman update tonight, I am getting errors every once in a while
during updates that say:

vercmp: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open
/tmp/alpm_DBOUwW/.INSTALL: line 8: [: -lt: unary operator expected

It doesn't seem to be hurting anything, but didn't know if I needed to do
anything else about it. What say the gurus?

I guess you are using testing and did not reading the warning not to
update on arch-dev-public.

"David C. Rankin" 04-01-2010 09:11 AM

On 04/01/2010 02:26 AM, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 01/04/10 17:19, David C. Rankin wrote:
>> Guys,
>>
>> After the pacman update tonight, I am getting errors every once in
>> a while
>> during updates that say:
>>
>> vercmp: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot
>> open
>> shared object file: No such file or directory
>> /tmp/alpm_DBOUwW/.INSTALL: line 8: [: -lt: unary operator expected
>>
>> It doesn't seem to be hurting anything, but didn't know if I needed to do
>> anything else about it. What say the gurus?
>>

> I guess you are using testing and did not reading the warning not to
> update on arch-dev-public.

You're good Allan,

Where is the testing stuff posted so I can read it before I update? Right now,
X is dead due to libcrypto.so.0.9.8. By chance does the post also contain a
work-around for those, like me, that updated before having read said warning :-)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC

"David C. Rankin" 04-01-2010 09:14 AM

On 04/01/2010 04:11 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> You're good Allan,
>
> Where is the testing stuff posted so I can read it before I update? Right now,
> X is dead due to libcrypto.so.0.9.8. By chance does the post also contain a
> work-around for those, like me, that updated before having read said warning :-)

Read it now :-(

No worries, I'll just wait -- that's what 'testing' boxes are for. No impact if
they are down for a while :p

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC

Allan McRae 04-01-2010 09:15 AM

new pacman error: vercmp: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8

After the pacman update tonight, I am getting errors every once in
a while
during updates that say:

vercmp: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot
open
/tmp/alpm_DBOUwW/.INSTALL: line 8: [: -lt: unary operator expected

It doesn't seem to be hurting anything, but didn't know if I needed to do
anything else about it. What say the gurus?

I guess you are using testing and did not reading the warning not to
update on arch-dev-public.

You're good Allan,

Where is the testing stuff posted so I can read it before I update?

On the arch-dev-public mailing list.

Right now,
X is dead due to libcrypto.so.0.9.8. By chance does the post also contain a
work-around for those, like me, that updated before having read said warning :-)

Remove the [testing] entry in pacman.conf and pacman -Syuu (yes, two uu's)

Allan