Old 03-31-2010, 10:50 PM
Christopher Rogers

Default Boot iso with grub2

There has been a request for a findiso boot option so you can boot the iso
with grub2 on a usb stick. I have this feature in my archiso-live and it
works very well.

Here is some code i have for it:

_mnt_iso() {
img="${1}"
#mnt="${2}"
mnt="/tmpfs/mnt/findiso"
msg "::: Mounting ${img} to ${mnt}"
mkdir -p "${mnt}"
mount -r -t iso9660 "${img}" "${mnt}"
}
I remade my archiso hook to look more like the official one yesterday.

I also added a _mnt_move function so you can move mounts instead of just
bind them. Here is code for that:

_mnt_move() {
src="${1}"
mnt="${2}"
msg "::: Moving ${src} to ${mnt}"
mkdir -p "${mnt}"
/bin/mount -o move "${src}" "${mnt}"
}

I believe the /bootmnt could use _mnt_move instead of _mnt_bind. I have more
features that could be added too.

I hope this helps.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:01 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Christopher Rogers
<slaxemulator@gmail.com> wrote:
> There has been a request for a findiso boot option so you can boot the iso
> with grub2 on a usb stick. I have this feature in my archiso-live and it
> works very well.
>
> Here is some code i have for it:
>
> _mnt_iso() {
> * *img="${1}"
> * *#mnt="${2}"
> * *mnt="/tmpfs/mnt/findiso"
> * *msg "::: Mounting ${img} to ${mnt}"
> * *mkdir -p "${mnt}"
> * *mount -r -t iso9660 "${img}" "${mnt}"
> }
> I remade my archiso hook to look more like the official one yesterday.
>
> I also added a _mnt_move function so you can move mounts instead of just
> bind them. Here is code for that:
>
> _mnt_move() {
> * *src="${1}"
> * *mnt="${2}"
> * *msg "::: Moving ${src} to ${mnt}"
> * *mkdir -p "${mnt}"
> * */bin/mount -o move "${src}" "${mnt}"
> }
>
> I believe the /bootmnt could use _mnt_move instead of _mnt_bind. I have more
> features that could be added too.

I have no idea what findiso is, but

a) If you want code incorporated, you'll have to send this in patch
format. I'm not even clear
b) You might get better feedback and responses on the arch-releng mailing list