Old 03-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Caleb Cushing

Default preserve db tarballs

when the files like core.db.tar.gz are downloaded they aren't
preserved right? is there any way to configure pacman to preserve
them?

my problem is that I've switched to using wget and that now these are
always downloaded... out of date or not. I imagine it's because wget
doesn't actually have a file to check because they aren't preserved. I
use wget because I throttle the download, I can easily fill my ADSL.

--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com

Old 03-29-2010, 01:16 AM
Nilesh Govindarajan

when the files like core.db.tar.gz are downloaded they aren't
preserved right? is there any way to configure pacman to preserve
them?

my problem is that I've switched to using wget and that now these are
always downloaded... out of date or not. I imagine it's because wget
doesn't actually have a file to check because they aren't preserved. I
use wget because I throttle the download, I can easily fill my ADSL.

I don't think its possible.

I have a idea. I'm not sure if the downloaded db files are extracted
into the sync folder.

If it is, you can use a script to sync, recreating the db.tar.gz files
from the sync directory before running pacman -Sy.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator