Old 03-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Javier Vasquez

Default openoffice + lprng

Hi,

I have openoffice installed as well as lprng. Lprng used to work for
openoffice providing I believe "Generic Printer" or similar. Some
time back for it work under any gtk-2 application (like firefox) I had
to add to the gtkrc:

gtk-print-backends = "file,lpr,cups"

This is still working for firefox and other gtk-2 applications,
however it doen't help at all to openoffice.

I launched spadmin to see if I could actually add a printer manually.
But it doens't work, the most that can be done is trying to install a
driver. So no luck...

Has any one made lprng work properly with openoffice?

Thanks,

--
Javier.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Javier Vasquez

On 3/28/10, Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have openoffice installed as well as lprng. Lprng used to work for
> openoffice providing I believe "Generic Printer" or similar. Some
> time back for it work under any gtk-2 application (like firefox) I had
> to add to the gtkrc:
>
> gtk-print-backends = "file,lpr,cups"
>
> This is still working for firefox and other gtk-2 applications,
> however it doen't help at all to openoffice.
>
> I launched spadmin to see if I could actually add a printer manually.
> But it doens't work, the most that can be done is trying to install a
> driver. So no luck...
>
> Has any one made lprng work properly with openoffice?

So I just learned the arch OO package is broken for non cups users. I
installed vanilla binary and had no problems.

I filed 2 bugs associated with the issue, and they were closed as non
bugs because arch package is not meant for non cups users. The bug
closure recommends compiling OO differently for non cups users. It is
very fortunate that's not the case for OO, since there's vanilla
binary, :-)...

--
Javier.