Old 03-28-2010, 08:34 AM
"Jérôme M. Berger"

Default Pulseaudio doesn't see the correct sound card.

Hi,

I have two "sound cards": one is the integrated sound card on my
motherboard and the other is the HDMI output from my video card. The
integrated sound works fine with ALSA, but when I tried using
pulseaudio, it only sees the HDMI card (according to pactl list).

I tried changing /etc/pulse/default.pa:
- First, I tried replacing module-udev-detect with module-detect.
This resulted in pulse seeing the integrated sound card, but only
the S/PDIF output, not the speakers;
- Then I tried removing autodetection and using module-alsa-sink
directly, but the pulse daemon failed to load the module.

Anybody knows how I can get pulse to see my alsa sound card?

Thanks,
Jerome
--
mailto:jeberger@free.fr