Old 03-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Gaurish Sharma

Default Chromium default browser

On Wednesday 24 Mar 2010 7:40:32 pm Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
> How to make Chromium as default browser ?
>
> I'm using KDE.
>
> But I'll like to have the same setting in GNOME too.
>
> I changed the command at systemsettings from 'firefox' to 'chromium'
>
> It although opens chromium, but doesn't open the link in it.
Hi,
Systemsettings --> Default Applications --> Web broswer

Works for me, It opens all links into chrome.

Gaurish Sharma
www.gaurishsharma.com

Old 03-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Nilesh Govindarajan

On 03/24/2010 08:56 PM, Gaurish Sharma wrote:

On Wednesday 24 Mar 2010 7:40:32 pm Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:

How to make Chromium as default browser ?

I'm using KDE.

But I'll like to have the same setting in GNOME too.

I changed the command at systemsettings from 'firefox' to 'chromium'

It although opens chromium, but doesn't open the link in it.

Hi,
Systemsettings --> Default Applications --> Web broswer

Works for me, It opens all links into chrome.

What did you type in it ?

I typed simply chromium where I previously had firefox.

Further, to test, I created a bash script which records the parameters
passed to it in a file.

I have Pastebin on my desktop, which notified me 'Open Browser', it the
file in which I recorded parameters was blank.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator

Old 03-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Bram Schoenmakers

2010/3/24 Nilesh Govindarajan <lists@itech7.com>:

Hi,

>> Works for me, It opens all links into chrome.
>>

> What did you type in it ?
>
> I typed simply chromium where I previously had firefox.

I have nothing but the executable name in there ('chromium' for the
package from [extra] or 'chromium-browser for the chromium-browser-bin
from AUR).

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers

What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind.
(Punch, 1855)

Old 03-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Nilesh Govindarajan

Seems like its a pastebin bug. It works if I click a link other than set
by pastebin.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator

Old 03-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Gaurish Sharma

On Wednesday 24 Mar 2010 9:16:17 pm Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:

> What did you type in it ?
>
> I typed simply chromium where I previously had firefox.

Hi,
I simply choose chrome from the App select dialog.
http://www.imagebam.com/image/ecb79a73329411

Gaurish Sharma
www.gaurishsharma.com