Old 03-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Carlos Mennens

Default Vim Syntax Highlighter

I noticed today when editing a config file for Postfix in Vim that one
value was listed in white text only and everything else was in color.
This lead me to beleive the value or parameter was wrong or not being
recognized by Postfix configuration but it is. I asked Postfix and the
said:

"Your VIM syntax highlighter is out of date"

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to update this manually if I have
the latest version of Vim in my Arch repo?

Old 03-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Řyvind Heggstad

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:18:07 -0400
Carlos Mennens <carloswill@gmail.com> wrote:

> I noticed today when editing a config file for Postfix in Vim that one
> value was listed in white text only and everything else was in color.
> This lead me to beleive the value or parameter was wrong or not being
> recognized by Postfix configuration but it is. I asked Postfix and the
> said:
>
> "Your VIM syntax highlighter is out of date"
>
> Can anyone tell me if there is a way to update this manually if I have
> the latest version of Vim in my Arch repo?

I assume you are talking about data_directory?

The pfmain.vim file that arch has is the latest that is shipped from
upstream vim as far as I can see. There is a couple of newer versions
floating around on the net tho, here is one of them:
http://fuji.web.cern.ch/fuji/vim/syntax/pfmain.vim
But even that one doesn't have "data_directory" defined as a keyword.
It's rather trivial to add it tho.

But as said by a smart person:
"You should not depend on vim to tell you what keyword is valid in your
main.cf"