Old 03-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Carlos Mennens

Default New Using AUR

I had two questions about using the AUR. I have never done it before
and read of the How-To on the Wiki but could someone please answer the
following two questions I have:

1. If I build a tarball on 'PC1' downloaded from AUR with the 'makepkg
-s' command, can I then transfer the created tarball to 'PC2' and
install it even though PC2 didn't have any of the required packages
used to create the tarball from the AUR?

2. Once a package is installed from the AUR, when I do a system
upgrade via Pacman, will outdated packages I installed via AUR get
automatically upgraded or do I have to do all my AUR packages
manually?